yconic - TDSB / Private: Summer School
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

TDSB / Private: Summer School

A photo of Super Super
This summer, I'll be taking Data Management in TDSB summer school and Advanced Functions in a (ministry accredited) private summer school. I'm very poor at math and it's insanely hard for me to focus on math during day-school.

My question is: Which universities are more lenient/accepting of students who take summer school courses?

I know that it's usually 1% top-six average deduction, but where can I find more information on specific school/program acceptance policies?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius
It doesn't matter wheather you do summer school ,virtual,night school - all marks are seen the same as regular school.
If you are repeating a course , the highest mark is taken except Waterloo Engineering where they deduct 1%.

All infos are in the respective university sites.

Good Luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@aquarius wrote
It doesn't matter wheather you do summer school ,virtual,night school - all marks are seen the same as regular school.
If you are repeating a course , the highest mark is taken except Waterloo Engineering where they deduct 1%.

All infos are in the respective university sites.

Good Luck

I just called Western and they said that they're totally fine with summer/private school courses, as long as they are ministry accredited. I've been on all the websites but they don't specify how much they deduct or even if they take a course taken aside from day-school. I spoke with some alumni that got into programs which I want to get into and generally they do not know of anyone in their program who have taken summer/private school... this worries me a lot!
Was this helpful? Yes 0