yconic - Ted Rogers School of Management (Retail Management?)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ted Rogers School of Management (Retail Management?)

A photo of ps3fanboy25 ps3fanboy25
Hey guys, so I am really interested in Ted Rogers School of Management for Retail Management. I already applied to their program for Retail Management and I have been accepted to York for Psych. But York was my backup plan and I don't even want to go there, so I am planning on deleting my offer for York and applying to the Business Management program at Ryerson as well.

Basically, I have everything planned out. Right now I work at Walmart as an associate and I LOVE IT. I LOVE working in retail, I've always wanted to work in retail (I worked in a restaurant before) and I just LOVE it. The customers, everything, I know it drives some people crazy but I love it and I love my job. I want to make a real career out of this. Assistant managers make up to 50,000$ and co-managers and store managers make so much more.

So I really want to get into Ryerson for retail management because the program is exactly what I want. I live in Mississauga and I applied to UTM too for Psych and I could major in Psych and Management there. But I am more interested in Ryerson even though everyone says it sucks.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go to Ryerson and they think I can do so much better because I've already been accepted to York... I am so confused, what should I do?

My courses...

English (got 72 on mid-term but that was a few tests, its gotten higher)
Challenge + Change (76 on mid-term but I've done great since)
Individuals and Families (78 on mid-term but I've KILLED everything since)

Next semester...

Bio (I've always done good in bio, hopefully I can get an 80?)
Data (never done good in Math but I will work so hard, hopefully I can get a 70)
Food and Nutrition (planning on changing it for an easier course)

Any advice or help? Do I have a chance of getting in? Because on the Ryerson site it says Data is ok but they prefer Calculus or Advance Functions. I can't take these courses because I never took Grade 11 Functions (I took Uni/College Math in Grade 11)

Thanks...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of ps3fanboy25 ps3fanboy25
*bump*
Was this helpful? Yes 0