yconic - The benefits and disadvantages of getting a good night's sleep and pulling all-nighters.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The benefits and disadvantages of getting a good night's sleep and pulling all-nighters.

A photo of milliex51 milliex51
First and foremost, this is not for an assignment. I just want to know from your personal experiences the pros and cons of having a good night's sleep, and pulling all-nighters for school. :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Serllen Serllen
I have actually never pulled an all-nighter because I usually end up falling asleep around 2~3 XD. But I have had some experiences in which I only slept for 3 hours the day before school. It was really terrible because I would end up sleeping during class and not learned anything. A good night's sleep will make me feel more energized but a lot of sleep(over 10 hours) will also make my brain not usable for some reason.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I have never pulled a real all nighter. I need at least 6 hours of sleep to function, I typically get 9 hours a night. Had a 3.9 GPA in my undergrad degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Denouement Denouement
Don't try working late or pulling all-nighters. Sure the advantage is you finishing the workload (that you probably procrastinated on xD), but there are more disadvantages:

It feels horrible, that's what.

Unless you have a whole day to sleep in, don't miss out on your sleep.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
To tell the truth, whether I have 4 or 9 hours of sleep, I'm still always tired. My body just decides whether it wants to function or not -_-

Never pulled a real all-nighter, but I've stayed up to 3 or 4 sometimes. I don't find it any different than getting 5/6 hours of sleep, I'm so tired anyways -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rolledoats rolledoats
There is a middle ground...you don't have to choose between nine and zero hours of sleep.
Was this helpful? Yes 0