yconic - The Best Liberal Arts Experience?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The Best Liberal Arts Experience?

A photo of NanBullen NanBullen
What schools provide a good foundation and respect in the humanities and social sciences?

In this uncertain world, I realize that many schools (secondary & post-sec) tend to push the "broad arts" aside in favour for immeadiate innovation. However, if we crush the creativity out of society we will never develop the problem solving skills we need to get to those innovations!

What schools are good for studies in English, Economics, Political Science, History and/or Philosophy?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of CRAZYBUBBA CRAZYBUBBA
It really depends what you're looking for.
For example: If you're content suffering in large classes in turn for the opportunity to choose from a wider variety of courses and electives in your later years, then any of the established schools will be fine (Queen's, McGill, Toronto, UBC, Western, Alberta etc).

If you're looking for a more intimate environment something like Acadia may appeal to you, or perhaps you can find a happy medium in an option like the Queen's first year program at Herstmonceux castle.

@NanBullen wrote
What schools provide a good foundation and respect in the humanities and social sciences?

In this uncertain world, I realize that many schools (secondary & post-sec) tend to push the "broad arts" aside in favour for immeadiate innovation. However, if we crush the creativity out of society we will never develop the problem solving skills we need to get to those innovations!

What schools are good for studies in English, Economics, Political Science, History and/or Philosophy?

Was this helpful? Yes 0