yconic - The best university in Ontario for clubs and sport teams
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
York University definitely. It's the second largest uni in Ontario besides UofT but U of T has a reputation for bad campus life/extracurriculars. Too lazy to search up any awards, but I've heard for example that York's soccer team is the best in Canada.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I don't play soccer.... I play ultimate Frisbee, figure skating, basketball, cross-country, and track and field...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol, "ultimate Frisbee." Why not Ultimate Fighting?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Anon Lol, "ultimate Frisbee." Why not Ultimate Fighting?

that's rude
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ultimate Frisbee is awesome!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm at Carleton (in Ottawa), and I can honestly say there is something for everyone. 

If you're not into sports, there's social groups, extra-curriculars that are major specific, fun stuff like Glee Club, debate and speeches club, toastmasters, there are religious-based clubs (Muslim and Catholic stand out in my mind right away). 

Officially, there are around 200 registered clubs under the Carleton Undergraduate Student Association.  I've learned that big universities don't always equal diversity!
Was this helpful? Yes 0