yconic - The CCC
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The CCC

A photo of jellybro jellybro
So i wrote the CCC today and needless to say I probably did really REALLY bad. Anyways, my reason for taking the CCC was because I felt that it was my last year in high school and I wanted to take a shot at it since all my friends were doing it as well. I took grade 12 computer science and I found it challenging. Just wondering, will a bad mark on the CCC ruin my chances of getting admitted to waterloo engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
No it will not but doing well, i believe, will increase your chance significantly. Also, you should do the Euclid Math Contest too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of 067978791 067978791
I did the CCC too and I only managed to completely finish the first 3 questions. The last two had stuff that i didnt learn. I took computer science 12 (online) but didnt take computer science 11 (because it wasnt available at my school or online).

You should take the physics competition too, i think its called Sir Issac Newton Physics Competition (its also sponsored by Waterloo).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
No, I don't believe so, I think just taking it in general increases your chances of getting into Waterloo, or maybe just doesn't affect it, because it's kind of like an experience thing. I wrote the CCC too, I've taken Grade 11 and 12 Computer Science, and I don't know if it's just me or my compsci teacher, because I got 87-90 in the course, but I could only complete one question >.< so don't worry :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serllen Serllen
Did you guys take the junior or the Senior division?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Took senior, got 13 LOL. Everyone who took junior in my school got around 50-60 (first 4 were easy, last one was ridiculous). The highest senior mark in my school was 39.
Was this helpful? Yes 0