yconic - The path of Pharmacy, is this information correct?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The path of Pharmacy, is this information correct?

A photo of Sudunno Sudunno
Highschool -> General Science program (only available in UFT and Waterloo)-> Undergrad degree for 1 or 2 years->Pharmacy Program->Internship 1 year->Pharmacist?

Does that sound right? It was what a friend in Waterloo told me, I didn't think it would only take roughly 7 years to become a Pharmacist.

On a side note, what's the difference (pros n cons) of general science at Waterloo vs UFT. I thought you got into Pharmacy with a life science program.

Also hows the Pharmacy business in Canada? Would it still exist/be stable i the future? I don't mind the competition getting the degree and working through University, but is the job market competitive? What about in the US or another country?

I also heard something about going to UFT if you want to eventually work outside of Canada, can someone give me more information on this matter?

For Bachelor of Science/Honors Bachelor of Science what are the highschool requirements (required courses + cutoff + EC info)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of metro metro
First of all, general science program is available everywhere! They may not specifically call it a general program, but first year is typically common for all science students.

Some pharmacy programs accept students after first year. So technically it will take only 5 years. (1 year of general science, 4 years of pharmacy) However, some other pharmacy schools accept students have 2 years of general science (you can declare a major too, but it doesn't matter...you basically need the marks), this will take a total of 4 years.

Summary:

General Science --> Pharmacy School
1 or 2 years --> 4 years
Was this helpful? Yes 0