yconic - The "Economy Double" Room
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The "Economy Double" Room

A photo of megsoleil megsoleil
I am sure that many of the larger universities have begun to give students the option of "economy double" to make the much-needed spaces in residence.

It looks like quite an attractive option, at half the cost of usual room and board, however the rooms seem rather crammed, compared to regular doubles or singles.

Has anyone experienced the econo double? Or do you have any thoughs on which is a better option for first years?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@megsoleil wrote
It looks like quite an attractive option, at half the cost of usual room and board, however the rooms seem rather crammed, compared to regular doubles or singles.

It seems like a terrible idea, in my opinion, unless you're really desperate to save money. Seriously though, have you seen how small a single room is in most universities? Now imagine fitting 2 people and all of their stuff in there. I don't know, maybe it's just me... I'm kind of a princess lol. But personally I would never want to have an economy double.
Was this helpful? Yes 0