yconic - The real Queens VS Ivey VS Sauder unbiased
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The real Queens VS Ivey VS Sauder unbiased

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne
I had enough of reading BS and be hyped by many member of this forum for schools that are not as good as they seem.

Let's start with the annual permanent job report

Investment / Corporate Banking (Finance)
1) Sauder BComm 71,200$ average compensation (investment)
2) Ivey HBA 70,000$ (corporate)
3) Queens BComm 61,024$ (Finance in general)

Consultant
1) Sauder 67,000$
2) Queens 65,538$
3) Ivey 61,000$

Offers in finance
1) Ivey at around 30%
2) Queens 25%
3) Sauder 21%

Offers in Consultant
1) Ivey 18%
2) Queens 9%
3) Sauder 5%

/////Co-op / Summer Job//////
Investment / Corporate Banking (Finance)
1) Ivey around 900-1,250$ a week (corporate)
2) Sauder around 775$ a week (Finance)
3) Queens not available

Accounting
1) Ivey 850$
2) Sauder 700$
3) Queens not available

Offers in finance
1) Ivey 21%
2) Sauder 16%
3) Queens not available

Offers in Accounting
1) Sauder 37%
2) Ivey 12%

References:
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/docs/placement-reports/IveyHBA-Permanent-Employment-Report.pdf
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/docs/placement-reports/IveyHBA-Permanent-Employment-Report.pdf
http://business.queensu.ca/ConversionDocs/Annual_Report_2011.pdf
http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/~/media/Files/Careers/Annual%20Report%202011/Sauder_UBC_BCC_Annual%20Report_2011_Full_Web_high-res.ashx

International ranking

UBC, uToronto and McGill constantly ranks among the best in Canada and are usually in the top 50 worldwide from the world most prestigious rankings. University of Western Ontario and Queens are nowhere to be found, beside in this forum, a place where people have difficulty differentiating between undergrad and MBA.
Queens and Ivey get the best students in Canada but yet the permanent job report says otherwise. This may indicate that the quality of the program and its resources available are not at the same level as Sauder’s.

Queens cost around 30,000$ a year (x4), Ivey around 40,000$ a year (for 2 years), Sauder around 15,000$ a year (x4). Sauder offers one of the most scholarships, bursaries and financial assistance out there.

Sauder is unrivalled when it comes to international exchange (especially their summer program).

Sauder student life is amazing and its less challenging program allows you to focus more on your ECs. You know things employer looks at.

What do you guys think? I am trying to keep this as unbiased as possible.

Grammar errors for this post was not verified
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014
Sauder offers most scholarships/bursaries/fin ass? Nope. Go look at macleans and ranking you love so much. In Canad, Queen's provides the most amount of financial aid to its students. I know many people who aren't paying a single cent of tuition.

Also, pretty sure Queen's Commerce has one of the best exchange programs in the country - it is a highlight of our program, with exchange partners all over the world (incl. top schools like esade, hec paris, sse). Of course, this is NOT done in the summer to allow students to pursue summer employment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne

@CMA2014 wrote
Sauder offers most scholarships/bursaries/fin ass? Nope. Go look at macleans and ranking you love so much. In Canad, Queen's provides the most amount of financial aid to its students. I know many people who aren't paying a single cent of tuition.

Also, pretty sure Queen's Commerce has one of the best exchange programs in the country - it is a highlight of our program, with exchange partners all over the world (incl. top schools like esade, hec paris, sse). Of course, this is NOT done in the summer to allow students to pursue summer employment.

I said Sauder offers one of the most not the most. But really Sauder is so cheap that you don't even need it. I am not saying Queens is bad. In fact, I think it’s excellent, but I also think that they are other universities in Canada that are on par if not better at some aspects.

Sauder doesn't need summer employment because we got Co-op (I think around 12 months). It gives people like me chances to put our learning into action. Not to say Sauder dominates western Canada. And I prefer co-op then internship after I graduate because after the feel of the workforce in your field of study, you will know what skills you are missing and will try and take courses that could fulfill them. Not to say that Sauder co-op compensation is far higher than Queens’s internships.

Lastly, Queens have been around forever. Sauder just arrived and with the speed they are moving now, it’s only a question of time before they become even more recognized.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
I agree with CMA2014. UBC used to be great with scholarship and bursary, but now they're extremely strict, even to people who live in Vancouver like me.

As for Queen's, they give out amazing bursaries to people who needs them as well as many scholarship options. They basically gaurantee bursary for anyone who demonstrates need; and more if you are exceptional

But don't get me wrong, Sauders is great. I live in Van, and Sauders gets ALOT of respect. It's just depends where you want to work in the end. If you want to work in Toronto or east coast of Canada, Queen's and Ivey would be best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@cliffhanger33 wrote
I agree with CMA2014. UBC used to be great with scholarship and bursary, but now they're extremely strict, even to people who live in Vancouver like me.

As for Queen's, they give out amazing bursaries to people who needs them as well as many scholarship options. They basically gaurantee bursary for anyone who demonstrates need; and more if you are exceptional

But don't get me wrong, Sauders is great. I live in Van, and Sauders gets ALOT of respect. It's just depends where you want to work in the end. If you want to work in Toronto or east coast of Canada, Queen's and Ivey would be best.

If you want to work in the US, Ivey or Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0