yconic - The usual newbie needs help post..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

The usual newbie needs help post..

A photo of Jabur Jabur
Hello everyone,
My name is Noor Jabur and graduating from university of Arkansas (ranked in the mid 100s) this December and majoring in Telecommunication Systems Engineering. I already applied to McMaster university for Masters in ECE because I heard they have a very good RF engineering program but to be on the safe side I'm applying to other universities as back-up or the opposite. The list of universities I wish I can get accepted at:
1-UofT
2-McGill
3-UBC

My GPA is 3.96 and have done couple of researches, of course industrial experience as well. I really want to apply to these three universities for Masters in Engineering (ECE/Communications) but I'm afraid that I won't make it and fail (if I get accepted) because of the transition that I'm having from mid high hundreds to top 100 world wide. What do you guys recommend me to do? what are the chances I would get accepted? And if I do, would I make it through?

I'm also interested in universities in UK and applied to University of Nottingham.

I'm sure there are a lot of intelligent students in here who are attending these universities and I would appreciate any help :)
Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of sllencer sllencer
Hey... I got nothing to give lol. But I was just hoping you'd share whether or not you'd get it. I'm just curious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jabur Jabur

@sllencer wrote
Hey... I got nothing to give lol. But I was just hoping you'd share whether or not you'd get it. I'm just curious.

almost 40 views and that's all I get in here! lol well, sure I will let you know. But I still need help guys
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
There aren't a lot of grad students on here, not sure if anyone will be able to help you :/ perhaps ktel will see this, she's doing her masters at U of T now I think
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I'm a grad student, doing an Aerospace Engineering MASc at U of T. I had a similar GPA and a limited amount of research experience. I think you have a good shot, especially since it seems U of T accepts a lot of international students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jabur Jabur

@ktel wrote
I'm a grad student, doing an Aerospace Engineering MASc at U of T. I had a similar GPA and a limited amount of research experience. I think you have a good shot, especially since it seems U of T accepts a lot of international students.

Hey Ktel, Thank you very replying. So if I had a chance to get in, how hard would it be? is it very stressful? like "Geek" level lol because I'm not lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Grad school is pretty rigorous and filled with "geeks". Look at your professors. That's an indication of the type of people you would encounter in grad school, more often than not. I have found my department to have a good social side too, however.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted