yconic - Theatre at U of T
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Theatre at U of T

A photo of facethemusic facethemusic
Does anyone have any idea of how to prepare for an application to the theatre program at U of T? I want to know how competitive it is and whether there are any courses I can take to prepare myself better for the audition.

My desire is to study Theatre and minor in music at university, but I don't know if this is even offered at any Canadian university.

U of T seems to offer several major/minor combinations involving Theatre but none of them include Music.

Also I'm a mature student so I was thinking of enrolling in an acting program at one of the Toronto acting schools to hone my skills. Can anyone suggest other things I could do to prepare myself?

Thanks!!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Kail33 Kail33
I am not sure what U of T wants specifically, I chose theatre production at Ryerson. I can tell you the audition advice that York University gives for their auditions "don't do Shakespeare" everyone does Shakespeare and few do it well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chathaf chathaf
U of T has a good theater
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nicolee Nicolee
I have a friend applying to a theatre program- not at U of T though. From what she has told me I understand that it is competitive and your audition should be pretty good. What I would suggest is to take a few acting classes and concentrate on your audition piece, possibly with an acting coach. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0