yconic - think i can get in to University of Toronto
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

think i can get in to University of Toronto

A photo of NeptuniumTrioxide NeptuniumTrioxide
i wanted to know my chances of getting into the PHYSICS PROGRAM at U of T.

- i have 410 community hours (mostly non-profit camps or community center camps)
- i took biology, chemistry, physics, advanced functions, AP English (only AP Course in our school), intro to philosophy, intro to sociology, hospitality and tourism (workplace course). i got an average of exactly 91 and since im applying for physics i got a 94% their and a 93% in math. i basically like anything with logic, facts and math.
- SAT score of 1990
-i have about 4 EC's, 1 related to physics
- my team came in 3rd place in the science Olympics (out of about 25-50 schools)

do you think i have a pretty good chance of getting in based on all of this info (if the essay is good too)?:!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
What's your top 6 average? None of that other stuff matters lol
Edit: NVMD I skimmed through it. You'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
most of that info is much more relevant to US universities. you should apply to CMU i herd thaer rly great
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Xiaohaha: ya Winnipeg university sounds like a great school (not globally known though which is important) but i live in Toronto and im not planning to move anywhere for my undergraduate degree, thanks though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@NeptuniumTrioxide wrote

- i have 410 community hours (mostly non-profit camps or community center camps)
- i took biology, chemistry, physics, advanced functions, AP English (only AP Course in our school), intro to philosophy, intro to sociology, hospitality and tourism (workplace course). i got an average of exactly 91 and since im applying for physics i got a 94% their and a 93% in math. i basically like anything with logic, facts and math.
- SAT score of 1990
- my team came in 3rd place in the science Olympics (out of about 25-50 schools)

do you think i have a pretty good chance of getting in based on all of this info (if the essay is good too)?:!:

Hi there,
As an American applicant you should check out the USA applicants page on uofts website http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/futurestudents/admissions/high-school-students/us-highschool
You sound like a very hard working student and I’m sure you will excel at the University of Toronto. I am a third year student at UofT and I love the academic/student life here. If you haven’t already I hope you take the time to visit UofT’s campus and checkout everything we have to offer. Residents tours are also available if you are considering living on campus.
http://discover.utoronto.ca/connect/campus-tours
Good Luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Kathleen UofT: Thanks for your response, im just wondering do you think i'll get in for sure, i saw on their website that the average student to get into the sciences in u of t had an average of 85.7%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@NeptuniumTrioxide wrote
Kathleen UofT: Thanks for your response, im just wondering do you think i'll get in for sure, i saw on their website that the average student to get into the sciences in u of t had an average of 85.7%.

Hey,
There is no sure fire way of telling, UofT is trickling out acceptances very slowly at the moment.
I haven’t been able to locate any statistics on this, you may want to contact/email the admissions and awards office to see if this GPA is indeed the cut off http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/html/contactus.htm
But like I said, you sound like a very strong, competitive applicant and I feel confident in saying that you will likely receive acceptance sometime in the spring.

Good luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
Last year's average was 86.6% but you'll be fine. I'm 90% sure of it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@NeptuniumTrioxide wrote

- SAT score of 1990

check out this forum :http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=ae5b9584c948c4e3f37e9294f7100fe2&t=220077
Was this helpful? Yes 0