yconic - Thinking about applying for the RBC scholarship.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Thinking about applying for the RBC scholarship.

A photo of Metalfork Metalfork
I am confident in my ability to write a nice essay. However the mark breakdown goes like this:

10% for Academic Achievement
35% for Extra Curricular Activities
55% for the essay.

Well my only issue is the Extra curricular activities because I haven't participated in any activities recognized by my school. I'm wondering if I should even bother applying because that is a huge chunk of the mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of curious curious
Extra curricular does not necessarily mean related to your school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't suppose my gnarly longboarding sessions with the pals would count as extra curricular would it? :P

I'm just not sure how they would recognize what I do for extra curricular activities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sampowell sampowell
I just applied for it.. I would put that you long board, especially if there isn't really anything else that you're involved in because it shows you're a "well rounded student" like they said :P
Just don't put any references unless you take lessons or something
Was this helpful? Yes 0

AHA! I found a sample application. Which pretty much answered all of my silly questions. Not as difficult as I had thought. Thanks for the replies :P

It couldn't hurt to throw longboarding in there. I hadn't really thought of my job as extra curricular so it may be a good idea to throw that in lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ammoreault ammoreault
There is never any harm in trying! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I just finished mine and Im confident about everything about my essay. Especially if it is worth so much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vanjoy vanjoy
I've looked into this scholarship too and realized that I don't have that much Extra-curricular activities either....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of experiencer experiencer
Extracurricular activities just means it is OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM. This could both be in or outside of school.

For this scholarship, they focus really heavily on the essays as you can see they even listed the judging critera for the essays. Focus on your essays and make them really good!

It's (almost) always worth a try!! You just might get something, if you don't, you won't for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of veronicacho92 veronicacho92
Good luck everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0