yconic - This Is Real Life
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

This Is Real Life

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Listen, people. 

Stop making excuses. Stop being hateful. Stop being rude. Stop using words for the sake of hurting others. Stop being distasteful. Stop looking down on others. Stop generalizing a group based off of the traits displayed by the specific. Stop spreading negativity. Stop giving up. Stop letting obstacles hold you back. Stop acting on that bad attitude. Stop disobeying your parents. Stop being spiteful. Stop self-hating. Stop being discontent. Stop being irritated. Stop being mean.

STOP HOLDING YOURSELF BACK.

Start showering. Start holding hands. Start giggling. Start goal-setting. Start self-improvement. Start knowing your self-worth. Start knowing your limits. Start being polite. Start trusting. Start loving. Start caring. Start loving yourself. Start loving what you see in the mirror. Start being healthy. Start your work. Start good habits. Start smiling. 

Start appreciating your life and what you have because everything is temporary and everything is worth giving your all. Whatever comes at you, good or bad, is worth learning from. Keep your head up and your eyes sparkling, because there is so much more than the frame of emotions and attitudes you are feeling RIGHT NOW.

You have the potential to make your mark on this world. And most of us fail to make the most of it. Please do everyone a favor, including yourself, and start working hard and start living life. 

Thank you.

Important part: 

Your grades do not reflect your intelligence. Your looks do not reflect your beauty. Your high school life does not reflect your future. 

When you encounter failure, first, dissociate yourself from all the negative emotions. Part of this is realizing that there are other factors at play. For instance, if you failed a test, realize it isn't because you're dumb, but other factors like time management or study habits. Every time we experience something negative, we attribute it immediately to our weaknesses. "Oh I'm dumb" or "Oh I'm ugly" when in reality, it's usually not that. Stop beating yourself up, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and look for the real reasons. Learn to grow as a person, not avoid who you are.

So, look at yourself in the mirror and acknowledge your unique beauty. Look at other people and admire their beauty also, because they are a treasure trove of things yet to be discovered. Appreciate the good and the bad, because a second later, things will never be as it once was. Learn to love things and appreciate their natural beauty. A few years down the road, you'll look back and realize everything grew old. 
Was this helpful? Yes 12
27 replies

This post was deleted

you've got a lot of time on your hands

Was this helpful? Yes 3

There is always an abundance of free time when one practices inner calmness. Inner calmness opens doors for top-level productivity. Top-level productivity gifts one with excess time. 

Namaste.
Was this helpful? Yes 7

"Namaste" oh... You're the guy from the "The Only Majors to Go to University For" topic.
Was this helpful? Yes 4

"Namaste" seriously?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

OH OP, the innuendos
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This guy reminds of The Truth character from GTA San Andreas.
Was this helpful? Yes 5

This post was deleted

how many times do i have to report your racist bs before you shut up?

Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Are you Indian
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Omg I posted a solid pun with the word gay in it and it was deleted?! Why! I am actually queer lmao yconic

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Sorry about that. I took it to mean you were calling the OP gay as an insult. Stuff like that is borderline as to how it's interpreted, and I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

I understand, dw haha

Was this helpful? Yes 0

HEY why did you remove the original post

Was this helpful? Yes 1

It wasn't eliciting the calm I had hoped for. :'(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well this is a lot more motivating and less "FIST URSELF" so thanks for that :)

Was this helpful? Yes 2

THIS IS REALLY SWEET :')
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This is so beautiful I am tearing up
Was this helpful? Yes 0

everyone needs to read this
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So true!! :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This reminds me of that Shia LaBeouf intense motivational speech.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why did you do this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is OP the yogi guy that's banging Michael's wife in GTA V?
Was this helpful? Yes 0