yconic - Those admitted to UofT EngSci, what are your averages?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Those admitted to UofT EngSci, what are your averages?

A photo of ILovePeach ILovePeach
The title says all..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I didn't stay in engsci for more than a semester (ECE ftw), but my average was 95%.

This 95 average is strictly for the five required subjects I submitted though (English 12, Math 12, Calculus 12, Physics 12, Chemistry 12). I did the BC/Yukon provincial curriculum. My average counting all my electives, French class, etc was considerably lower.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
A couple of my friends and myself all got in this past week, and I think our averages flucuated between ~92 to 98. If you're 90+ and you're still waiting on an acceptance, just keep crossing your fingers and hope for the best! It's still fairly early in the year. Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tomtom tomtom
Mine was 93 last semester and 92 last year! I agree with onlymatthew, if you're above 90 then you will most likely get in. They could just be waiting for your mid term marks in your core courses (chem, physics etc...)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Don't even bother talking about your high school average, really. Once you enter engsci itself, you'll see how meaningless your high school grades were. They're just a way to artificially filter out applicants in a flawed and prejudiced system.

I can name a few friends whose reported averages were lower than mine so they didn't get into engsci - but I can honestly say they deserved to be in engsci far more than I did, and had they been accepted they would've done better than I did.
Was this helpful? Yes 0