yconic - Thoughts about these universities? + a question about Laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Thoughts about these universities? + a question about Laurier

A photo of ohayitsyou ohayitsyou
I'm most interested in marketing, but have bit of interest in going into international business, tourism/hotel+food administration too.

Any opinions about
Laurier, Guelph, Brock, Ryerson and UTM?
(do employers prefer one school over others or something?)

ALSO,
How in the world did I get accepted into Laurier with an 84% 1st semester average (the result of a low math mark :c )?!
I didn't even write the ABS form. Anybody else get accepted with this average...?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ac123 ac123
what were ur highest marks in grade 11? im guessing they took 3 of ur highest grade 11 marks and 3 highest grade 12 marks which probably made ur average better?.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AJP13 AJP13
I got into Laurier solely on my grade 11 marks. So they may not have even considered you first semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ohayitsyou ohayitsyou

@ac123 wrote
what were ur highest marks in grade 11? im guessing they took 3 of ur highest grade 11 marks and 3 highest grade 12 marks which probably made ur average better?.

Oh, that might be the case then. My highest grade 11 marks were 92, 92 and 91; top 3 first semester were 93, 87, 86.

I got my acceptance in March though, which is why I thought they were past looking at grade 11 stuff. :c
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
I think the prestige factor may play in a little more in business degrees than other programs, even in the undergrad level. However, YOU as an individual is important. I know someone from Ryerson marketing program landing a job BEFORE christmas, during his 4th year. Though he is a remarkable individual.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AdJan AdJan
I hear Laurier isn't a bad choice if you wanted to go into Marketing, they also offer coop which can expose you to the professionals in the marketing industry. Other than that, I haven't really heard or researched about good marketing opportunities with Guelph, Brock, Ryerson or UTM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0