yconic - Time can be stopped
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Time can be stopped

A photo of ramitpal ramitpal
Is Somebody interested in building the time machine or have some ideas .
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of steele steele
Go really fast.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TTRaptors TTRaptors
Well you would have to go faster than the speed of light, so maybe if you drink a couple protein shakes and take a running start then maybe you can start talking about time travel :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of srowat srowat
Einstein came up with this equation that adds speeds in space, but not the normal way. His theory is that noting can ever travel the speed of light. That was really sad news for me, a time machine would be awesome but figuring out what it would do to the rest of the world proves to be major food for thought! If you do discover how to travel the speed of light or build a time machine, I would love to hear about it, that would be so cool! (As long as you don't shoot us into an alternate reality)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nakhuda93 nakhuda93
lots and lots of salvia
lol jks

seriously though, from what I understand about Einsteins theory of relativity, you can't travel to the past, you can only see it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ramitpal ramitpal

@srowat wrote
Einstein came up with this equation that adds speeds in space, but not the normal way. His theory is that noting can ever travel the speed of light. That was really sad news for me, a time machine would be awesome but figuring out what it would do to the rest of the world proves to be major food for thought! If you do discover how to travel the speed of light or build a time machine, I would love to hear about it, that would be so cool! (As long as you don't shoot us into an alternate reality)

Come on man , i think there are some specific radioactive particles that can travel at speed of light . Do you know what happens then ?????????????????????????/:bounce:

See below

When high velocity particles travel faster than the speed of light in a medium they create a blue flash.( which can relate to time in 3-d Space ).. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
What??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
It's such a cool thought... But I personally think it's impossible. :/ (Or we would have seen a guy from the future by now)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
I think if we ever build a time machine the concept behind it has to be totally different from what we know now. Like maybe somehow we have to convert all our mass into energy so that we can travel at the speed of light, or maybe bend the space around an object so that we experience teleportation in dimension of time. Sure, I'd like to build it. :))
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dyd dyd
a time machine would cause apocalypse.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smandair smandair
Watch Primer on Google video. Great time travel movie.
Then watch Back to the Future.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Going back in time isn't worth it. What if you change something that causes you not to be born in the future? I wouldn't want to be stuck in limbo :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@Nyx wrote
Going back in time isn't worth it. What if you change something that causes you not to be born in the future? I wouldn't want to be stuck in limbo :bounce:

Limbo is sick!! You can build crazy stuff, destroy it, do whatever you want!!! The only bad thing is it makes you suicidial...

Inception ftw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
Time can not be stopped.

This is because time does not move. Objects move through time [relative to each other]. While it may or may not be possible to stop objects from travelling through time, it is impossible to "stop time".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@steele wrote

@Nyx wrote

Limbo is sick!! You can build crazy stuff, destroy it, do whatever you want!!! The only bad thing is it makes you suicidial...

Inception ftw.

Now you made me want to watch it again :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of k4show k4show
Or this could work :P

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1338118/Troll+Physics+Time+Travel/

or this

http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/troll-physics-550x417.jpg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tigerwoods tigerwoods

@ramitpal wrote
Come on man , i think there are some specific radioactive particles that can travel at speed of light . Do you know what happens then ?????????????????????????/:bounce:

See below

When high velocity particles travel faster than the speed of light in a medium they create a blue flash.( which can relate to time in 3-d Space ).. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you are referring to is known as Cerenkov radiation. The particles that are traveling faster than light in a medium are still traveling slower than light in a vacuum. Nothing more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0