yconic - TIps for Physics Students
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

TIps for Physics Students

A photo of ramitpal ramitpal
The best job opportunity for Physics students is becoming a Professor at an Accredited
Canadaian University and earning a nearly 60,000 starting salary .

what do you think
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of srowat srowat
I really enjoyed Physics 11 and am looking forward to going into Physics 12. I don't think I would be that interested in becoming a university professor though. What other careers in Physics would you recommend? An Astrophysicist has the coolest titleyou gotta admit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DOV94 DOV94
$60,000 sounds nice, but it really shouldn't be about the salary (though it is a part of it). Do you want to become a professor? Do you like teaching others? There's questions that need to be answered. If that's what you want to do, then more power to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
It takes years and years of studying/research to become a university professor. You'd have to do (at least) your masters, probably your doctors too for whatever field. Then you'd have to publish tons of articles on that subject and do some of your own research. Also most full-time professors at very large universities make more than 60,000 I'm pretty sure..maybe closer to 80,000-100,000 depending on the department and professor I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of specter73 specter73
physics was probably one of my favorite classes in high school, but i dont think id want to teach it..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You can do more then become a prof with a physics degree. Although the degree is aimed at those who want to do research in the field its not unheard of for someone with a physics background to get into engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tiwa007 tiwa007
Physics is awesome! I'd totally (okay, maybe, it sounds cool) go into research for fusion energy or particle accelerators and stuff. I had a really great physics teacher for gr 12 and wow, physics was just soo interesting =) so don't forget about the cool research going on right now such as quantum mechanics and quantum cryptography and entanglement!! Gooo physics!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AshleyLynne AshleyLynne
Physics is the laws of our universe! I don't see how anyone could deny it being interesting and say that a position in physics research could be boring. If anyones interested in careers in physics just check out the University of waterloo physics site, there a re plenty of great links. Not to mention the Perimeter institute! Now they do some really awsome research and have great job opportunities, as well as positions for grad students :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
Being a professor would be awesome. But the job prospects look terrible!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych

@DoctorLawyerDentist wrote
Being a professor would be awesome. But the job prospects look terrible!

I don't think they're that bad. All you have to do is publish, publish, publish. If you can't do that, then you weren't suited for the job in the first place.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Phase Phase
Medical physicist. Starting salary is 100k, and well in your career you could expect up to 130k.
Was this helpful? Yes 0