yconic - To ANYONE with an average over 94 in any class.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

To ANYONE with an average over 94 in any class.

A photo of sycra6961 sycra6961
i am working on an ISU for data and i have a theory to prove. i just have a general question for all of you braniacs out there who can get over 94 in any class. do you have any outside stressors besides studying?

do you have any part-time jobs? relationships? family issues? members of clubs, councils or sports teams? or anything like that?

because i am struggling to get an 85 average, but i also am the manager of a pizza shop, am the VP of one council, member of 5 clubs/commitees, on 3 sports teams and am constantly busy balancing everything. if i were to drop all my stresses and just study i would without a doubt be able to get high 90's.

so the question again.. do any of you have any outside stressors?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
66 replies

A photo of stevebever stevebever
Although I'm only in grade 12 and don't have nearly as much responsibility as it sounds like you do, I have a 97% average in my core classes and I play hockey 4 days a week as well as work 2 days. I feel like I could possibly squeeze another percent out of quiting my job, but I love my job. I would say that if you feel the "stressors" add more to your enjoyment of life than a few extra percent would then stick with 'em.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillyShears BillyShears

@sycra6961 wrote
i am working on an ISU for data and i have a theory to prove. i just have a general question for all of you braniacs out there who can get over 94 in any class. do you have any outside stressors besides studying?

do you have any part-time jobs? relationships? family issues? members of clubs, councils or sports teams? or anything like that?

because i am struggling to get an 85 average, but i also am the manager of a pizza shop, am the VP of one council, member of 5 clubs/commitees, on 3 sports teams and am constantly busy balancing everything. if i were to drop all my stresses and just study i would without a doubt be able to get high 90's.

I think you're lying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
I lived away from my family for the first time and I had many responsibilities at the place I lived (wasn't alone). I had to commit to giving up 2 hours of my time after school everyday plus my whole Sunday. That counts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mig Mig

@BillyShears wrote

@sycra6961 wrote

I think you're lying.

No Mr.Shears I saws her yesterday on CNN: " High School student solves world hunger.".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I'm in university now but I'll answer this as if I was still in high school.

I didn't have a job in high school, but I had a boyfriend (from grade 11-summer before 3rd year university). We were both in IB, so he understood school>dates. No family issues. I was part of animal welfare club, newspaper staff, Reach for The Top, varsity rugby, Junior Achievement. I was also a competitive figure skater.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No Mr.Shears I saws her yesterday on CNN: " High School student solves world hunger.".

^^ lmao, i wish.

thanks guys for the answers! i wasnt expecting all the outside commitments. most of the kids at my school getting high marks just study all day haha. its good to know people still can have a life outside of school.This adds a curveball into my assignment though lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
It's possible. But lots of people have 94+ averages along with extracurricular commitments.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@sycra6961 wrote

not sure if you can use my information since it's a year old... but i did last year in grade 12...
i had a part time job i worked at almost everyday after school (but only from 4-7) which was nice cuz i had nothing better to do between 3 and 4 than study. ummm thats about all. i never really had time for extra curriculars because when i started high school my brothers were young and i babysat them everyday after school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@sycra6961 wrote

I currently have a 94 average and am in grade 12.
Yes, I have a part time job. I work about ten hours a week, and always during the week. No weekends. I have also been in a relationship for all of grade 11 and what I've so far completed of grade 12. Family issues? My Dad moved out in the summer, so I guess you could call that one :albino:. As for clubs and such, I'm a member of 2 clubs at my school.

Hope that helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JulieSkater JulieSkater
I have a 97 in my one class and am working my butt off trying to get my average over 95% for scholarships (need the money).

I also have a part-time job, lead my school's gay straight alliance group, volunteer 4-5 hours a week with my local skating club as well as my own skating 9 hours a week.

YES! I have outside stressers!!! lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah

@sycra6961 wrote

So far this semester is average has been 98. I an in grade 11. I have over 94% in all four classes that I am taking this semester.

Other than when I pick up the odd hours babysitting, or teaching flute, I do not work. It would add up to under 5 hours per weekend, so its nothing substantial.

I definitely have stress! My mother has ridiculously high standards for me, and she stresses me out a lot. One of my best friends has FINALLY decided to check himself into rehab, and that has given me a lot of relief. I used to be really worried that I would find him in a ditch someday. I spent a lot of nights crying myself to sleep this semester.

I was also dumped halfway through the term, so I am not in a relationship.

I am in a lot of EC's. I am on the debating team and I write for the school paper. I am in my school's concert band, jazz choir and flute ensemble. I am in the district honor concert and jazz bands, as well as their honor concert and jazz choirs. I am lead sax in the jazz band and 1st chair/ section leader for the flute and piccolo section for the concert band.

I have been in the provincial honor band for ages 16-21 since I was 13. I'm also in the provincial honor jazz program (where I have been blessed to have learned lots about Latin music).

I have represented my city at the provincial level music festival (for solo woodwind, where I played flute).

I am an 11 year girl guide and I volunteer as a jr leader. I have been pretty busy, so that has been mostly what I have been doing for volunteer work this year.

I spend at least an hour (minimum!) a day doing homework/studying, and a couple of hours a day practicing flute (minimum!). If I have a lot of homework, then I just skip practicing flute.

I am not on any sports teams, god forbid. Student council at my school is also pretty corrupt, so I don't do that either.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mar Mar
Pocket size flash cards can do the job for you :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

wooww! A lot of these things are extremely impressive and make me feel like im a slacker lol. cuddos to all of you who can keep up the grades as well as all of the extras! It feels so rewarding though to be able to juggling all these activities.. if it wasnt for that damn stress!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Unfortunately anything above 94% is uncommon at my school. I have acheived this a few times, but not this semester. I wouldn't say I'm overly stressed but I stress over non-important things sometimes. Not doing homework is very un-stressful.

Edit: OP, inflation could also be a factor (or in your case DEflation). Is there anyone at your school with 90s?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emilyclairerose emilyclairerose

@sycra6961 wrote

YES!!
I am trying to maintain a 98% average... ANNNDDD.... drum roll please...
I am in grade 12.
I am the editor of the school yearbook.
I am in Leadership.
I am in Me to We at my school.
I am on the grad executive.
I am my school's advanced studio dance team which practices for hours after school on Mondays and on Wednesday mornings.
I get up early on Thursdays to tutor elementary school students.
I am on my school soccer team.
I am a board member of my local farmers market.
I sell honey for my family at farmers markets.
I am a camp counsellor in the summer.
I have a weird family.
GAHHHH. I'm going crazy (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emilyclairerose emilyclairerose
I think that highly academic students are often involved in extra-curricular because once you get into the habit for setting the bar for yourself so high you keep wanting to become better... and better! Stress is an addiction. Another reason many students push themselves until they are almost over the edge because they have expectations to fill. Once you have high marks, people start to expect more from you. You can't let them down! It feels like you are always having to one-up your own reputation.
Does that make sense?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

wow. so im kinda glad now that i go to a very small high school which cant offer all these extracurriculars, or i would probably be having daily panic attacks! haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93

@g93 wrote
Unfortunately anything above 94% is uncommon at my school. I have acheived this a few times, but not this semester. I wouldn't say I'm overly stressed but I stress over non-important things sometimes. Not doing homework is very un-stressful.

Edit: OP, inflation could also be a factor (or in your case DEflation). Is there anyone at your school with 90s?

I would think the school has an effect on marks too. I know my tech department has no problem with high 90's, science department is different. For business courses, IB has an average of 90, Econ has average of 70 i believe, Accounting with the old teacher it was amazing if you had anything higher than a low 80
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i agree that the school has everything to do with the marks. i mean if a school is bigger there is more competition and things to be involved in and opportunities for students to grow, whereas a smaller school is more relaxed, has less expectations and less to offer so students can sail through high school.

itd be interesting to see the change in marks if everyone got graded in the same environment by the same teachers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joannalailai joannalailai
Wow! You are a very well-rounded person! Yes, I completely agree with you though. I have a 91% average right now and I currently trying to balance everything in my life right now. It just seems like I don't have enough time for many things! But what your doing is awesome, just keep it up and good luck to you! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@AsianFail93 wrote

@g93 wrote

I would think the school has an effect on marks too. I know my tech department has no problem with high 90's, science department is different. For business courses, IB has an average of 90, Econ has average of 70 i believe, Accounting with the old teacher it was amazing if you had anything higher than a low 80

High 90s just don't really happen at my school, especially in Grade 11 and 12. English, anything over 90 is just insane, rarely happens. I hate it :thumbdown
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sportsman sportsman
You need competition and some sort of extracurricular activity to get your mind off school and relieve stress to keep yourself focused when you need to and to stay sane.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of marbern marbern
For sure! I volunteer with Special Olympics, do school sports and I have club track 6 times a week. I am currently training for international competitions also :) I know what you mean though, I am curious what my average would look like without these other priorities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I'm ranging from 90-97% this year. I have a job, but nothing else. The job isn't exactly stressful. It's just a timesink.

I have more than enough time to fit it all in. Takes incredible organizational skills some days, but I manage quite well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX
marks are all depends on your teacher and how hard you try in that course
Was this helpful? Yes 0