yconic - To those applying to Queen's Chancellor's Scholarship
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

To those applying to Queen's Chancellor's Scholarship

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Have you guys sent everything in already?

I'm still waiting on my midterm marks and OUAC code. Hopefully it can be all done by this Friday or Monday. I'm a little afraid of meeting the deadline - how long would it take for the school to mail it to Queen's (how long is the shipment of the parcel)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of sdjennings sdjennings
Dude, you can chill. It's not due till December 1st, and it should only take a matter of days. No one in my school has even started filling it out yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hi, can we actually glue a picture or something creative ON the creativity section?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@sevenx7 wrote
hi, can we actually glue a picture or something creative ON the creativity section?

Yes, as long as it fits within the space provided.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't you have to be nominated by your school first? That was my understanding, and my school's nomination deadline was this past Wednesday. You might want to investigate that...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Keladry wrote
Don't you have to be nominated by your school first? That was my understanding, and my school's nomination deadline was this past Wednesday. You might want to investigate that...

I've already been nominated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RyanJMSS RyanJMSS
Has anybody run into the problem of there being a character limit when typing in the creativity answer section (question #2)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@RyanJMSS wrote
Has anybody run into the problem of there being a character limit when typing in the creativity answer section (question #2)

Mine isn't actually that many words, but I ran into the same problem because of the way that it's formatted. I'm just going to type it on MS Word, print, and photocopy onto the application form.

Just out of curiosity, what did everyone get ranked on the High School Nomination form? I'm referring to the section where they have to check off "very good", "excellent", or "one of the top few of my career". I got "one of the top few" for all three sections, but I feel like my principal totally BSed it LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zeiad15 zeiad15
i had that character problem..and i already submitted my application but it wasnt all that great because only half of the creative part was filled. o well..50 people get it..hope only 50 applied lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cherrypie725 wrote

@RyanJMSS wrote

Mine isn't actually that many words, but I ran into the same problem because of the way that it's formatted. I'm just going to type it on MS Word, print, and photocopy onto the application form.

Just out of curiosity, what did everyone get ranked on the High School Nomination form? I'm referring to the section where they have to check off "very good", "excellent", or "one of the top few of my career". I got "one of the top few" for all three sections, but I feel like my principal totally BSed it LOL.

I got the same, and my principal got feedback from several of my teachers so I guess he did that to make me seem good as well as have some sort of evidence of it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@sevenx7 wrote
I got the same, and my principal got feedback from several of my teachers so I guess he did that to make me seem good as well as have some sort of evidence of it.

Haha wow your school is so legitimate. I'm pretty sure my principal just looked at my marks and figured that I'd have a pretty good shot at winning it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of YouAreAFever YouAreAFever

@cherrypie725 wrote

@RyanJMSS wrote

Lucky, I got ranked "One of the top" Initiative and Passion for Learning, but only excellent for "Leadership". I hope it doesn't immediately take me out of the running :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lucky, I got ranked "One of the top" Initiative and Passion for Learning, but only excellent for "Leadership". I hope it doesn't immediately take me out of the running :(

I only got very good for everything:( I don't know why the guidance counsellor did that she didn't even ask any teachers or anything. I think she made a mistake because she nominated me and everything lol. So im pretty sure I'm out of the running. But hopefully they don't take that into to much consideration when picking them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

How many total hours of extracurriculars and work hours did you guys have for the entire year? Mine add up to over 1000, which is pretty accurate since it's about 3 hours/day. I'm just worried that they're going to think I'm making it up. Any thoughts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cherrypie725 wrote
How many total hours of extracurriculars and work hours did you guys have for the entire year? Mine add up to over 1000, which is pretty accurate since it's about 3 hours/day. I'm just worried that they're going to think I'm making it up. Any thoughts?

Mine including work add up to just over 1000 as well. But most of the stuff is competitive swimming, school sports, and work. I'm sure a lot of people will have over 1000 as well and they most likely won't think we are making it up keeping in mind most people nominated for the award are very involved and busy within their communities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0