yconic - Top 6 question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Top 6 question

A photo of ShaneEsteireiro ShaneEsteireiro
So for my program I need two maths in addition to the obvious english, I just received my mark for math and as predicted it was not pretty, so I have already enrolled in night school. I also already have 6 U/M courses finished too, and I was just wondering if at mid-term of this semester schools would include a lower, completed mark in my top 6, or a higher mid-term mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23
A higher mid-term mark. Except Waterloo deducts a few % off your average for retakes and I think UofT takes an average of the two.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@brady23 wrote
A higher mid-term mark. Except Waterloo deducts a few % off your average for retakes and I think UofT takes an average of the two.

Good luck!

Waterloo deducts only for their competitive programs not for Life Science
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bassbrotha Bassbrotha
Don't count me as a liable source, but i believe it's ONLY the faculty of mathematics and engineering at Waterloo that deducts marks for course retakes. However, they take off a whopping 5% off your admittance AVRAGE!!!

essentially, I'm assuming any course that has an AIF will penalize a course retake
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@brady23 wrote
I think UofT takes an average of the two.

U of T doesnt take the average of the two marks..Rotman does not consider second attempt if your applying for business. For the rest programs, you can still retake it, but there's no guarantee as to where U of T will use it in your average calculation or not. On it website, it does say that preference maybe given to students with marks received in their first attempt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0