yconic - Top Business Grad Schools
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Top Business Grad Schools

A photo of g93 g93
(in no particular order):

Wharton
Kellogg
Harvard
Stanford
Dartmouth
University of Chicago
MIT
Columbia
University of California-Berkeley ?

Discuss :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
You're asking a bunch of HS kids what the top MBA schools are worldwide? Half of the members here probably have no idea where Columbia is, unless they watch Gossip Girl.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@noxx98 wrote
You're asking a bunch of HS kids what the top MBA schools are worldwide? Half of the members here probably have no idea where Columbia is, unless they watch Gossip Girl.

There is someone on here who goes to UPenn, and a couple Ivey guys I think were mentioning business grad schools...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Illuminar Illuminar
Harvard and Stanford
-slight gap-
Wharton

Then the other ones. It depends on what you want to do, though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of exhibit exhibit
That's basically it, except I would exclude Haas.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Thanks for the replies. I saw this (EMBA rankings from 2005), and noticed Queen's and Ivey were top-25. And then here are the rankings for 2010 full-time MBA, and Queen's is ranked no.2 outside US and I guess is typically no. 1. So my question is would there be a big difference in going to the better American b-schools rather than the cheaper and closer Queen's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
Harvard and Wharton are def the best. Bschool is somewhat about net working and meeting people. All the top kids go to HSB or Wharton so it only makes sense if they are ranked first.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Illuminar Illuminar
It depends on what you're interested in. Maybe it's more like Harvard, slight gap, Wharton/Stanford. In any case, those are the top three. Chicago and Columbia are probably next.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@unMatChedProwEss wrote
Illuminar: wtf? You can't seriously believe that Wharton is below Stanford..

Most people think Stanford's better than Wharton. They have the most selective MBA program. It's like the YLS of business schools. I can't imagine many people picking Wharton over Stanford, much less going "WTF?" when someone claims that Stanford is better...

g93 I wouldn't really take the Businessweek rankings too seriously. For undergrad they have Notre Dame at #1 over Wharton and MIT Sloan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@exhibit wrote

@unMatChedProwEss wrote
Illuminar: wtf? You can't seriously believe that Wharton is below Stanford..

Most people think Stanford's better than Wharton. They have the most selective MBA program. It's like the YLS of business schools. I can't imagine many people picking Wharton over Stanford, much less going "WTF?" when someone claims that Stanford is better...

g93 I wouldn't really take the Businessweek rankings too seriously. For undergrad they have Notre Dame at #1 over Wharton and MIT Sloan.

I wasn't really looking at it for the American schools, more to see how the Canadian schools compared (Queen's and Ivey).

But would paying the high tuition costs to go to any of the prestigious American b-schools be worth it? Would there be that big of a difference than say going to Queen's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Idk what your preferences and goals are and idk what you would get out of the experience so I can't say if it would be worth it but personally, I would do it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@exhibit wrote
Idk what your preferences and goals are and idk what you would get out of the experience so I can't say if it would be worth it but personally, I would do it.

I want to get my CA, and then I want to be a billionaire :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You don't need an MBA to become a CA.

CA path: http://www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca/Become/HowToBecome.aspx
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@exhibit wrote
You don't need an MBA to become a CA.

CA path: http://www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca/Become/HowToBecome.aspx

I know, I just want my MBA.

I am not 100% sure I will go for an MBA, there's still four years of undergrad between now and then, and I definitel don't know if I'd apply/want to go to the US for grad school (and if I can get in)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Personally i think that if you plan to stay on in canada for your working life you should stick with Queens.
But if you ever intend to leave North America and go for say.. the middle east or europe the US schools will be a better investment.

Cause the plain fact is that the ivy leagues have unmatchable international reputation and while canadian business schools are great not a lot of ppl other than in the west know about them.

I live in Dubai and who ever i have talked to asks me twice about the names of the universities I am applying to (other than McGill).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
And yes while we are talking about this I would like to share some thing i came across..

Here it is..

"Results show that the Desautels MBA Program has the highest post-graduation starting salary with an average of C$103,000. This represents the highest salary percent change at 108%, propelling up from 63% in 2009."

I was able to get the 2009 report from The Economist.

(It shows that the previous percentage increase was actually 63%. Dont know about the new salary statements but I think its quite authentic)

Considering that and ofcourse the International reputation of McGill I would say that it could possibly be a better choice than say Queens.. What do you guys think ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@imsyed wrote
And yes while we are talking about this I would like to share some thing i came across..

Here it is..

"Results show that the Desautels MBA Program has the highest post-graduation starting salary with an average of C$103,000. This represents the highest salary percent change at 108%, propelling up from 63% in 2009."

(It shows that the previous percentage increase was actually 63%. Dont know about the new salary statements but I think its quite authentic)

Considering that and ofcourse the International reputation of McGill I would say that it could possibly be a better choice than say Queens.. What do you guys think ?

I never thought about that.

Maybe Queen's would have the edge in Canada, but once you go abroad, the McGill name gives you an advantage? I don't know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mar Mar

@imsyed wrote

Here it is..

McGill, UBC and UoT would be better choices than Queen's if you want to work somewhere other than in Canada. These universities are very well known internationally since their graduates won Noble prizes and many other awards. These universities also make a lot of researches and very often you can see articles about some of their researches on the web or newspapers.
Most of the people I've talked to outside North America never heard about Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0