yconic - Top business school requirements
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Top business school requirements

A photo of Gucci Gucci
for schools like Ivey, Queens, Schulich, McGill, Sauder, what grades am I looking at to be a worthy canidate?

do you need many EC's? I'm in G11 and I have barely any.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ecabby ecabby

@Gucci wrote
for schools like Ivey, Queens, Schulich, McGill, Sauder, what grades am I looking at to be a worthy canidate?

I really only know for Ivey because that's what I applied to. You need to have around a 90 average (if lower than 90 you need amazing ECs). Ya you do need a lot of ECs and work experience helps too. Ivey considers your application to be half ECs and half marks, Queens really values them as well. I have heard of kids with lower averages but with great ECs getting in over kids with mid 90s averages and average ECs. so get to work on those ECs :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
To be safe, you need at least +92 avg, below that is border line.
And if u can try to do some ecs or do some extra volunteer work during summer or after school, it can really help.
If ur gonna try to get by with NO ecs, than u will need a low to mid nineties avg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Gucci wrote

90+ average for sure, many good quality EC's that show leadership, and maybe a job could help. And rack up references so be nice to teachers and supervisors ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gucci Gucci
what business school in Canada would be the most beneficial if I wanted to work overseas, maybe in the UK or something of that sort? I'm talking banking, maybe trade or some other financial job.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo
Desautels
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48

@jessiexo wrote
Desautels

+1 Desautels has an international reputation just because of McGill which is a bonus.

I'm leaning more towards Ivey because chances of going to the UK right away are slim, not impossible, but not as common.

Ivey has one of the most, if not THE most, banking placements for students. Generally what happens is once you graduate you have a job waiting for you or search for a job in banking and work there for a year or two. With that experience you have a higher chance of acquiring a job overseas, especially if Ivey helped you get a job at major firms (i.e. Goldman, Mackenzie,J.P Morgan) in New York or Canada.
Was this helpful? Yes 0