yconic - TOUGHEST DECISION EVER! UofT EngSci vs. UOIT engineering (honors)!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

TOUGHEST DECISION EVER! UofT EngSci vs. UOIT engineering (honors)!

A photo of HealthSciDREAM HealthSciDREAM
I'm seriously considering engineering at two of the nation's top universities:
University of Toronto and University of Ontario Institute of Technology, better known worldwide as UOIT.

I want to study nuclear or energy related topics (as those are getting more popular in the future).

This is from the uoit website about nuclear eng (honors):

Students will learn the skills to design and develop tomorrow’s energy systems. This degree program is the first stand-alone program of its kind in Canada. The program was developed to meet the rapidly increasing demand for graduates with the knowledge and skills required to help Canada and the rest of the world meet the terms of the Kyoto agreement, while ensuring that the growing consumption of energy can be satisfied economically and with minimum impact on the environment.
Graduates will be well prepared to work with systems that involve the generation, transmission or utilization of energy. Career opportunities are increasing for graduates in industry, government and non-government organizations. Graduates may also choose to start their own energy enterprise or pursue graduates studies.

DAMN WHAT A GOOD PROGRAM!

But Engsci is also recognized as a great program too, i mean my friend is in it (2nd year student) and he says it's one of the easiest fly-by programs. This obviously helps your GPA boost at UofT. OUIT is recognized for their difficulty of courses, which i reallllllly like! I love learning!

I have a 98.9% average for my 6 grade 12 courses (i fasttracked), all math/science courses btw.

I'm leaning towards OUIT since they got more $ and free laptop.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Troll
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Everyone knows UOIT is dominant over UOfT
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HealthSciDREAM HealthSciDREAM

@g93 wrote
Applied to (in order): Laurier BBA Waterloo AFM-PA

THIS IS REP!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Elegant.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
UOIT>ENGSCI
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Macer Macer
If you do have an average like that congrats, but many people will doubt it, especially when you make false statements such as UOIT gives free labtops, in addition to using symbols in place of words. UOIT doesn't give free labtops, you have to pay for them, and using symbols when dealing with a serious matter is not appropriate. Leave text talk for texting.

Oh btw, UOIT has the only nuclear programs in all of canada, so you even trying to compare it to U of T in this instance is ridiculous.

P.S. Place spaces between the "U of T"

P.S.S. With a mark like that you don't need "fly by courses"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of funnyd funnyd
depends on where you're from
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Avulet Avulet
My friend's at UOIT (not for engineering) - you actually have to pay a dollar at the end of your undergraduate period for the laptop if I heard correctly, so strange XD
What kind of school are you attending for you to fast track your courses??? Nice average by the way.
EngSci at U of T is a very hardcore program and opens you up to many fields, but if you're so into UOIT I guess the decision is already made. :)
By the way, I don't think UOIT is as "good" as you think it is, but I shouldn't be the one to judge. Good luck :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SOCCERFAN SOCCERFAN
hi; does the engsci of U of T have the software option?
(i know regular ECE has the software stream)
thanx
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nakhuda93 nakhuda93

@HealthSciDREAM wrote
I'm seriously considering engineering at two of the nation's top universities:
University of Toronto and University of Ontario Institute of Technology, better known worldwide as UOIT.

I want to study nuclear or energy related topics (as those are getting more popular in the future).

This is from the uoit website about nuclear eng (honors):

Students will learn the skills to design and develop tomorrow’s energy systems. This degree program is the first stand-alone program of its kind in Canada. The program was developed to meet the rapidly increasing demand for graduates with the knowledge and skills required to help Canada and the rest of the world meet the terms of the Kyoto agreement, while ensuring that the growing consumption of energy can be satisfied economically and with minimum impact on the environment.
Graduates will be well prepared to work with systems that involve the generation, transmission or utilization of energy. Career opportunities are increasing for graduates in industry, government and non-government organizations. Graduates may also choose to start their own energy enterprise or pursue graduates studies.

DAMN WHAT A GOOD PROGRAM!

But Engsci is also recognized as a great program too, i mean my friend is in it (2nd year student) and he says it's one of the easiest fly-by programs. This obviously helps your GPA boost at UofT. OUIT is recognized for their difficulty of courses, which i reallllllly like! I love learning!

I have a 98.9% average for my 6 grade 12 courses (i fasttracked), all math/science courses btw.

I'm leaning towards OUIT since they got more $ and free laptop.

First off the laptop isn't free but if you have over 80% avg it's pretty much covered by entrance scholarships.

secondly congrats on the avg (if that is what you actually have)

third, I got accepted to UOIT nuke eng in December and unless I get into mac isci I will probably go to UOIT. I like the laptop program, since my brother had a laptop fiasco in his first year and luckily I had just gtten one which he borrowed untill his could get repaired, and with nuke eng they are on good terms with OPG and other nuclear energy companies.

let me know what you end up deciding, If you go to UOIT we will be in the same class lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of menjeco777 menjeco777
bahahahaha is this a joke? o god.....ouit>u of t? that makes me laugh......no...def not.
more like....U OF T>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>uoit......LOL O GOD....if u dont want to end up miserable after 4yrs tho go to uoit in that sense UOIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U OF T
Was this helpful? Yes 0