yconic - Transfer into queens commerce from arts!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transfer into queens commerce from arts!

A photo of Shamelessidealist Shamelessidealist
I currently applied to queens arts for psychology but am really interested in pursuing a queens commerce degree too. How hard is it to switch into queens commerce from queens arts in university? or can i do a double/dual degree for both a B.A ( in psych) and a B.com?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
You cannot switch into it as the program is far too specific.

If you would like to do a dual degree, I would suggest doing it with Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iLoveHouseMusic iLoveHouseMusic
You can switch in Commerce from Arts program. However, it is very hard and you must maintain at least an A. They usually transfer only 6-10 students. Thats what I was told by Queen's admission office rep.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iLoveHouseMusic wrote
You can switch in Commerce from Arts program. However, it is very hard and you must maintain at least an A. They usually transfer only 6-10 students. Thats what I was told by Queen's admission office rep.

soo i can switch into it?
but are there any prerequisites that i need to take like an accounting or finance course along with my art courses to transfer successfully? because as the previous post stated, the Queens commerce program is very structured. How would it work?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
You should really talk to someone who is actually in charge of this at Queen's. But yes, it is possible (though difficult).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BSchoolMaster BSchoolMaster
It's not that difficult - as long as your average is 80%+ (which is a joke to get at Queen's ARTSCI if you're taking bird courses), then you will certainly be able to transfer - I personally know people who did this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@BSchoolMaster wrote
It's not that difficult - as long as your average is 80%+ (which is a joke to get at Queen's ARTSCI if you're taking bird courses), then you will certainly be able to transfer - I personally know people who did this.

Would this mean i waste a year and would get admitted into the freshmen program the next year??

and for the people who you know did this, was there any other requirement or just that you have an above 80% average?
and just as a side note, are there a lot of people who switch into the queens commerce program from other programs in university?
Thanks for your help :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of raidnaji1 raidnaji1

@Shamelessidealist wrote

@BSchoolMaster wrote

Would this mean i waste a year and would get admitted into the freshmen program the next year??

and for the people who you know did this, was there any other requirement or just that you have an above 80% average?
and just as a side note, are there a lot of people who switch into the queens commerce program from other programs in university?
Thanks for your help :)

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0