yconic - Transfer question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transfer question

A photo of dan12345 dan12345
Evening all,

I am currently enrolled full-time at Concordia University (First undergraduate year in biology), but want to transfer next year to a business school either at Mcgill, Utoronto, York, Queens or Western Ontario. Do you guys think it is a good idea for me to do all my courses with electives in order to have high GPA ? 30 credits (15 credits this semester and 15 for winter semester). Will that increase my chances of getting admitted or Universities don't like only electives on transcripts ?

Thank you very much

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Sahana25 Sahana25
Try to do courses that can be transferred to the new university. Check out the admissions websites of all of theses schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Yes, get as high of a GPA as you can. The schools you're looking at are all pretty competitive. Sahana's right too; in addition to high grades, there are course requirements that you need to fulfill for delayed entry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dan12345 dan12345
Thank you :)

Another question: Do Universities only look at the GPA from the 30 credits or they also look at your high school grades ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
I doubt they'll look at high school grades when you have a transcript from universities :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0