yconic - Transfer to Ivey
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transfer to Ivey

A photo of JSH10 JSH10
How difficult is it to transfer to Ivey in third year from a school such as McMaster? Does anybody know the number of avaiable spaces in third year for out-of-Western transfers?

If I am able to maintain an 85%+ at McMaster, and have decent extracurriculars, will I be "guarenteed" admission?

Thanks and please provide any details about the trasnfer
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of BigBMan BigBMan

@JSH10 wrote
How difficult is it to transfer to Ivey in third year from a school such as McMaster? Does anybody know the number of avaiable spaces in third year for out-of-Western transfers?

If I am able to maintain an 85%+ at McMaster, and have decent extracurriculars, will I be "guarenteed" admission?

Thanks and please provide any details about the trasnfer

As far as I know it's completely based on the applicant pool and there aren't specific seats allotted to Western and Non-Western transfers.

You won't be guaranteed admission, as it's based on the applicant pool and every year the standards will vary, but you might have a good shot. Try to find the old threads in the old SA forum about Ivey transfers and you'll probably get a good idea of what you need to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NRavern NRavern
To transfer to any post-secondary eductation institution from another post-secondary instituion, it not only depends on the pool of applicants but also what you would be transferring there with. I would say you are well on your way if you apply; the extra-curricular will look on your application.

You will not get "gaurenteed" admission into any school that you transfer into. this is based on a couple of things such as the courses that you are transferring over, you have to have all of them completed and then the school you are transferring into has to do a good check on the courses you are transferring in and how they differ to see if they can transfer over. You will get a "conditional" acceptance at first and then once all of this is complete (and perhaps more steps) you will get a "gaurenteed" acceptance into the school.

Please be advised that this information may not be all accurate, this is from what I understand of how the process (or part of the process) works.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of abc321 abc321
From what I know, they mainly look at AEOs first and extend admission to those who met AEO progression requirements, then fill up the remaining spots with non-AEO students (agree with BigBMan - one application pool whether you're from Western or not). Last year in the class of 525, 70% were AEOs and there were 44 transfer students who didn't come from Western. Class average was 82%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0