yconic - Transfer to Laurier BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transfer to Laurier BBA

A photo of greeneyes81 greeneyes81
Based on my experiences at Schulich, I'de like to transfer to Laurier BBA where I can take advantage of being closer to home,CO-OP and get higher grades.
Is this a wise decision?

Does reputation really matter? Isn't experience worth more in business?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Whats your GPA, year, and previous internships (if applicable)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greeneyes81 greeneyes81
Dont know yet. Im in first year, however I know I performed poorly. I do not have any internship experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
You'll need a B- average (I believe) to transfer into it. At the same time - stick it out at Schulich. I think you're panicking a bit. You were obviously smart to get in at the first place. It's your first year. If it's for other reasons (not the right environment etc) Are you involved in many clubs/organizations? My girlfriend goes to Schulich and she found that once she was involved in some clubs and what not and really started to take advantage of the things Schulich has to offer she began to enjoy her experience there a lot more.

What course killed you? Stats? I heard they had to swap the weighting of the midterm and exam since everyone did so poorly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0