yconic - transfering from a computer science program to an engineering program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

transfering from a computer science program to an engineering program

A photo of blazers2910 blazers2910
hey guys i just joined because i have a whole bunch of questions. the main one that i have is that at the moment, i am on the waitlist for electrical engineering at ryerson university. i have gotten the summer school extension so i am going to repeat a 2 week course of calculus to bump up my mark and hopefully after that ryerson will accept me. also, ryerson offered me an alternate offer for the 4 year computer science program. i was just wondering if i DONT get into the engineering program and i decide to go for computer science. is it possible to transfer into an engineering program after a semester or a year? in either ryerson OR another university? would the credits transfer??

any advice is extremly appreciated since i am at a huge speedbump an i dont know what to do at this time...

thanks alot
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I don't know the specifics for Ryerson, but typically when you transfer into engineering you kind of have to start back at year one. Not many credits will transfer, as they have so many engineering-specific courses.

Talk to someone at Ryerson engineering and ask, they can tell you exactly what will and won't transfer and what kind of marks you need.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blazers2910 blazers2910
alright thanks alot that helped i called ryerson and they let me know =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0