yconic - Transferring from Management Engineering to other Engineerings @UWaterloo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring from Management Engineering to other Engineerings @UWaterloo?

A photo of TallWaffle TallWaffle
1) Management engineering is essentially industrial engineering.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_engineering

2) I think it depends on your stream. Its probably better to check with someone who goes to UW or with UW.

3) IMO At the end of the day if you want computer engineering your better off just going to ryerson for it since you wont have to worry about being stuck in a program you dont want to do for a year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
1) Management engineering is essentially industrial engineering.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_engineering

2) I think it depends on your stream. Its probably better to check with someone who goes to UW or with UW.

3) IMO At the end of the day if you want computer engineering your better off just going to ryerson for it since you wont have to worry about being stuck in a program you dont want to do for a year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@TallWaffle wrote
I just got my wait-list approval for Management Engineering at Waterloo, however I really wanted to do Computer Engineering.
Right now, I have already accepted my offer at Ryerson for Computer Engineering, and I have up until the 30th to reply to Waterloo.

First of all, I'm not too sure what management engineering is. What possible job opportunities are there?

Is it possible to transfer into another Engineering Discipline?
I'd like to transfer into either Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering. How would I have to go about doing that? Is it possible? Is it hard?

tldr; version:

What is Management Engineering?
Transferring from Management Eng to another Eng- possible? (Easy? Hard?)
Would you choose Waterloo Management Eng of Ryerson Comp Eng?

Thanks!

Honestly, you should just do computer engineering as it's what you really want to do.

I heard it's hard to transfer into a different engineering discipline especially if you don't have the grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
What's wrong with Ryerson? They're a good school with an awesome campus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterbrap peterbrap

@TallWaffle wrote
I just got my wait-list approval for Management Engineering at Waterloo, however I really wanted to do Computer Engineering.
Right now, I have already accepted my offer at Ryerson for Computer Engineering, and I have up until the 30th to reply to Waterloo.

First of all, I'm not too sure what management engineering is. What possible job opportunities are there?

Is it possible to transfer into another Engineering Discipline?
I'd like to transfer into either Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering. How would I have to go about doing that? Is it possible? Is it hard?

tldr; version:

What is Management Engineering?
Transferring from Management Eng to another Eng- possible? (Easy? Hard?)
Would you choose Waterloo Management Eng of Ryerson Comp Eng?

Thanks!

IT is technically impossible to switch buttttt u will have do ure first year in management engineering then show ure marks thennnn repeat ure first year again in ECE.
Job wise man eng has the lowest amongest all eng's but still ure a WATERLOO ENG. Man eng is sort of like a MODERN industrial eng. if i like com eng and waterloo doesn't provide u with it i would probably go to ryerson..

good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0