yconic - Transferring from McGill Life Sci to UofT LifeSci
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring from McGill Life Sci to UofT LifeSci

A photo of Galactical Galactical
Hi

Im a first-year in Mcgill Biological, Biomedical and Life Sciences program and Im thinking of transferring to UofT next year.

I am in a little dilemma and I would appreciate any information you can give me on this.

Is this possible and is it simple and seamless?

Would my marks change? I know UofT and Mcgill have different grading schemes and McGill does not put percentages on the transcript.

Also, is it a good idea considering I am a medical school hopeful? Would it hurt my chances at all of getting into medical school?

Thanks a lot guys.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Galactical Galactical
btw guys, I am talking about UTSG.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Trarod Trarod
I know someone who transferred from McGill Life Sci to U of T biochem after finishing first year. I don't think it will be a problem as long as you have decent grades. Your marks definitely won't be altered In any way (it's likely your first year grades won't have a % next to the letter grade and there will be a note on your transcript saying you went to McGill, or something of that nature). The only thing is that you will have to take an extra course along the way because a full course load at U of T is 5 credits (I heard it's 4 at McGill, correct me if I'm wrong), so you'll be one short after first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted