yconic - Transferring from UWO to Queens
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring from UWO to Queens

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi, I'm currently enrolled in BMOS at UWO first year. I am not AEO and I'm applying to Ivey second year. I'll be applying into honours specialization in economics to do a HBA + Econ degree.

However, if I do not get accepted into Ivey, my first choice would be to transfer into Queen's Commerce.

I was wondering how hard it is to transfer into Queen's Commerce after year two? By then I would have taken two Ivey business courses (Business 1220 and Business 2257), two MOS courses (similar to business courses - 1021 and 1023), about eight Econ courses and 4 maths/calculuses with some electives.

Is there an average Queen looks at? I hear it's minimum 3.3 GPA and 3.7 GPA for competitive. What are these in percents because we use a percent system here? Are these GPAs based on specific courses or your overall courses (including electives such as psy).

On the note of marks, do they request your high school transcript as well? I'm from Alberta and my top 5 is about 88% after diplomas.

Also how much is EC's weighted compared with marks? 50%? Do these only include university (year 1+2) EC's or high school as well? My high school EC's are pretty good but how involved would Queens like their students in university? Can I only be in two clubs after second year but both involves great deal of leadership such as exec (quality > quantity)?

-------

On the side note, what are some other prestagious business schools in Ontario? I am thinking of schools similar to Ivey and Queens. Should I look into Schulich BBA or Rotman Commerce? McGill? Any others?

Thanks,

Merrick
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of QueensCommerceTyler QueensCommerceTyler
I'm not really sure the exact process for transferring, but I do know that its very difficult and competitive. The only spots available are spots vacated by current students (probably somewhere from 5-15 spots).

I would direct you to commerce@business.queensu.ca. They'll know the specific information.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CMA2014 CMA2014

@QueensCommerceTyler wrote
I'm not really sure the exact process for transferring, but I do know that its very difficult and competitive. The only spots available are spots vacated by current students (probably somewhere from 5-15 spots).

I would direct you to commerce@business.queensu.ca. They'll know the specific information.

Good luck!

Class of 2014 started with 392 students. This year, there are only 365 students. Contrary to your 5-15 estimation, it's actually 27. We have transfers from places like Guelph (2) and even Red Deer College in Alberta, and we're still not at full capacity of our year.. You don't need an A average if you're transferring from Queen's artsci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted