yconic - Transferring to Ivey
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring to Ivey

A photo of mercenary mercenary
hey guys I just had some questions...

If I transfer to Ivey in my 3rd year out of schulich will my degree be from York or western?
Also, what are the requirements? do I need to have taken certain courses?
What are transferable courses? And what affect will the courses I choose to take in my first two years have on my Ivey application? (I.e does it matter if I take a course that western doesn't offer)
Could someone please explain the process to me
Thanks in advance (please don't make this a schulich bs Ivey thing)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Pretty sure you will get a HBA from Western.
You will have to contact Western to find out about transferable courses...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
I remember my brother wanted to transfer from schulich to Ivey and i believe some credits are lost. The grade system at Schulich is also quite unique and different than Ivey (follows a different scaling system) so you should ask Western what grade you will need at Schulich to be competitive against students form other schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@speedy48 wrote
I remember my brother wanted to transfer from schulich to Ivey and i believe some credits are lost. The grade system at Schulich is also quite unique and different than Ivey (follows a different scaling system) so you should ask Western what grade you will need at Schulich to be competitive against students form other schools.

Ohh, so does this loss of credits affect me in any way? (like do I need a specific amount of courses to obtain my degree from Ivey/western?)
and does anybody know how many students from outside of western get into the Ivey program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Machiavelli Machiavelli
You should have listened to grandpa, kid ;)

If you want to transfer to Ivey from Schulich BBA, you'll have all the required credits. iBBA is another story: you won't have the managerial accounting credit.

An 8.0 at Schulich is solid, but there have been people that transferred with a 7.5, which is Dean's List.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Machiavelli wrote
You should have listened to grandpa, kid ;)

If you want to transfer to Ivey from Schulich BBA, you'll have all the required credits. iBBA is another story: you won't have the managerial accounting credit.

An 8.0 at Schulich is solid, but there have been people that transferred with a 7.5, which is Dean's List.

Complete years 1 & 2 (or more) at Western or any other university. Pursue any course of study at any university and ensure that you:
Maintain a full course load over two years of university (equivalent of 10.0 Western courses).
Achieve a minimum average of 70% in 10.0 university courses completed including Business 2257.
Complete a secondary school mathematics course for students bound for university or an equivalent.
Complete Western’s Business 2257 course or equivalent. View a list of accepted equivalents at Business 2257 Equivalents {Links to: Bus 2257 list of equivalents}
Achieve a minimum grade of 70% in Business 2257 or equivalent.
A competitive Ivey HBA application includes:
Demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and work experience
80%+ average on 10.0 full courses (or the equivalent) at any university (if at another university, these courses must be acceptable to transfer to Western).  The minimum average to be considered for admission is 70%.

Wait ^so Mach I will have have met all prerequisites through the schulich BBA?
And a 7.5-8.0 average is considered competitive?
^so baisically I can just focus on the courses at schulich I would have taken anyways and then just apply to Ivey in 2nd year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dynast dynast
Mercenary, just curious - why are you considering changing schools in 2 years before even entering university? Seems like your heart is set on somewhere else.

Anyways, the information presented is correct. Do 2 years, full course load each, financial accounting + managerial accounting equivalents, get involved, maintain 80%+ average, write the application in second year. In all, do what you'd do to be successful regardless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the help guys I kinda understand better now

Lol my plan was always Ivey. It's just that I was scared of not being accepted to Ivey and being stuck in a BMOS program despite maybe a AEO status. This way even if I don't get into Ivey, I'm still in Schulich :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JSH10 JSH10
Mercenary, based on some of ur posts, you seem like just another idiot on these forums that wants to be an ibanker yet u know little to nothing about actual finance. There are a select few on here that are pretty smart with this stuff and i would love to learn from them but plz anyone who wants to go into finance go learn first
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512

It's just that I was scared of not being accepted to Ivey and being stuck in a BMOS program despite maybe a AEO status.

@Your Signature wrote
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase

Was this helpful? Yes 0

[quote=andrewk512]
It's just that I was scared of not being accepted to Ivey and being stuck in a BMOS program despite maybe a AEO status.

@Your Signature wrote
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase

/quote]

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lollll u got me there... I still think this is the better path
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@mercenary wrote

Sounds like a good idea to me
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@mercenary wrote

Sounds like a good idea to me

:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

wait so if you don't have AEO status and are at western, will you be reared the same as any other applicant trying to get into Ivey?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JSH10 wrote
Mercenary, based on some of ur posts, you seem like just another idiot on these forums that wants to be an ibanker yet u know little to nothing about actual finance. There are a select few on here that are pretty smart with this stuff and i would love to learn from them but plz anyone who wants to go into finance go learn first

^lol I didnt even see this but based on this post alone I can tell ur a stuck up retard looking for some attention.... I feel for you dude
And as far as ibanking goes... I haven't been exposed to any university level business, that's what the first two years are for...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of JSH10 JSH10
uhhh i really wanna go into ibanking, what stream should i choose to go into ibanking?
everyone: are you serious... Finance...
/resign
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was just making sure... The salary reports from schulich had banking and finance in different categories
Ur the most insignificant waste of life I've ever seen in my life
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alexkesz Alexkesz

@JSH10 wrote
uhhh i really wanna go into ibanking, what stream should i choose to go into ibanking?
/resign

Your not even a first year university yet, you can't chirp.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JSH10 JSH10

@Alexkesz wrote

@JSH10 wrote
/resign

Your not even a first year university yet, you can't chirp.

I chirp like big bird
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JulianA JulianA
I accidently placed my own address under next to kin address and i didnt indicate a kin. I edited it but they probably went over the application already.Do you think that will hurt my chances of being accepted? I have a 83% and decent activities and my essays were really well written. I hope those can be leveraged against such a stupid mistake.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JulianA wrote
I accidently placed my own address under next to kin address and i didnt indicate a kin. I edited it but they probably went over the application already.Do you think that will hurt my chances of being accepted? I have a 83% and decent activities and my essays were really well written. I hope those can be leveraged against such a stupid mistake.

Your contact information shouldn't really factor in your application. They just have to be able to reach you if they accept or reject you. Don't worry about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0