yconic - Transferring to Rotman? Queen's Business? or Waterloo ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring to Rotman? Queen's Business? or Waterloo ?

A photo of vicvic vicvic
Hi, guys

Im a 1st grade university student got GPA 4.1. So I want to go to a better commerce university, considering Rotman, Queen and Waterloo's double major.

Is it hard to transfer to these universities? Have anyone successfully transferred to the three?

The only thing I worried is my high school English score is not high...I did bad on the provincial exam...Are they still going to revoke me for that?

THX
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of illuminati illuminati
Which school and program are you transferring from?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vicvic vicvic
Mt. Allison
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of illuminati illuminati
I think you have a good shot at Queens or Rotman.

You should check these websites out about their instructions:
[url]http://www.queensu.ca/admission/apply/upperyear/transfer-ft/commerce.html[/url]
[url]http://www.rotmancommerce.utoronto.ca/admissions/required/second.htm[/url]

For Waterloo/Laurier DD, my guess is that they don’t do transfers because their program is highly specialized. So they may tell you to apply for first year status. You should still consult with their admissions officer to double check on that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@illuminati wrote

For Waterloo/Laurier DD, my guess is that they don’t do transfers because their program is highly specialized. So they may tell you to apply for first year status. You should still consult with their admissions officer to double check on that.

It is still possible to transfer. I know of BBA students who have transferred in before, as well as BMath students who have transferred in.

Check with the UW/WLU admission's office to see if you are taking the required courses and what not. You may need to take a course over the summer in order to make up for anything you missed, or take an extra course some semesters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0