yconic - Transferring to U of T
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring to U of T

A photo of blimperman blimperman
Hi guys, I am wondering what gpa is like practical guaranteed an acceptance to get into U of T. I know this can vary, but, come on, just like in high school how it became apparent that the student with 90+ in every courses would get accepted, what gpa from a university would be generally good enough to get accepted? I currently attend ryerson mechanical engineering and obtained a gpa of 3.95 for my first semester (they have a 4.33 scale but apparently u of t just looks at it the way it is for transfer students, evidently from calling them directly). I obtained 4.33 in calculus I, 4.00 in linear algebra, 4.00 in physics: mechanics, 4.00 in introduction to engineering (this was a dumb course lol), 3.67 in general chemistry, and 3.67 in sociology (I can't believe my elective brought me down, I heard that they won't consider that as much since it's rather irrelevant to engineering). In regards to grades, I think I did significantly better in university then in high school, I had a final average of 84.8 for my top 6 (English, maths and sciences. Calculus being the worst at around 75, ironically :P). I heard that, perhaps, they use high school marks just see if I took the required prerequisites? Regardless, I know they will considering my university grading much more. Thanks a lot for your responses, I know this is a long paragraph. I think my second semester can boost the final gpa a bit perhaps, although I just want to know if my first semester is good for a conditional offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies