yconic - Transferring to University of Toronto
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Transferring to University of Toronto

A photo of Akram Akram
I'm a second year arts student and want to transfer into UofT Scarborough for Social Science. My cumulative average is like 69%...how good of a shot do you think I have of being accepted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of lapetitereine lapetitereine
I transferred out of the University of Toronto last year and they told me that if you wanted to transfer into the school you usually need a solid B (73-76ish). See if you can up your marks a bit to get into at least the B- range. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Akram Akram
Thanks for your response and I'll try to do better.

Also, did you send your transcript immediately to the university you were applying to or did you send it after the winter term?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lapetitereine lapetitereine
I transferred to Uottawa and I sent them my transcript end of April. However, it's better to do it earlier, especially for course selections because at UofT you'll find courses fill up quick and some may have 200+ on the waiting list.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Akram Akram
But if I send in my transcript now, wouldn't that give me less chance of getting admitted as a transfer student (since my fall-term marks weren't too good and my winter-term marks wouldn't be shown)?

I think I will do much better this term and I want UofT to see my final marks (to have a better shot)...so that's why I was thinking of sending it in after winter-term.
Was this helpful? Yes 0