yconic - trasfer to mcgill engineering from another uni
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

trasfer to mcgill engineering from another uni

A photo of Kyan Kyan
Hi guys! I m currently in a civil engineering program at memorial university in NFLD and I want to transfer to Mcgill in September 2012. Mcgill's admission minimum is really high i dont know if I stand a chance! I have about 94 average for my highschool courses and I had 5 on both AP chemistry and calculus exams. My university GPA is 3.7, it is not great so I m really unsure! I would like to contnue with civil but they aparently Mcgill's civil is really competitive! Can anybody give me some advice on this? Do I have a chance of getting in? Thanks you in advance!

On Mcgill's website they said the admission minimun for civil is 91% and chemical is 90%! I thnk this is insane they dont take anyone below 90?!

Anyone from Mcgill engineering give me advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
A 3.7 is a pretty high GPA, don't think it's not great. Not sure what their cut off is though. Ask McGill what they think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kyan Kyan

@ktel wrote
A 3.7 is a pretty high GPA, don't think it's not great. Not sure what their cut off is though. Ask McGill what they think.

Thanks for the input! On Mcgill's website they said they would look at courses that apllies to my specifit study area, I had a 3.9 GPA beofore I got into second year civil, and as you can probably guess all my civil course marks are pretty bad. I m on a workterm now I don't know if that affects anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0