yconic - Trent- Queens Con Ed PSE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Trent- Queens Con Ed PSE

A photo of laurabrown5 laurabrown5
I am a current grade 12 student who will be applying to most con ed programs this weekend. I was looking at the PSE for the Trent- Queens concurrent Education program and there are 2 questions. The first is about volunteering and experience (which i have alot of) but the second is all about jobs and work experience. I havent had a real job besides babysitting, what should i do?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Hey - I'm a current con.ed student at Trent who helps out with open houses and such (volunteer, not paid...just so you don't get the wrong idea of me). I can confirm from sources within the con.ed office that work experience not only means paid experience - it includes repeated volunteer experiences as well. Essentially it's just a section to put experiences you have that are work-like in commitment levels, regardless of whether or not you got paid for them.

Let me quickly illustrate the difference between a volunteer experience and a work experience. Volunteer experience would be like running a huge charity event, running a marathon or performing in a talent show. Some non-paid experiences that you could include in the work section could be volunteer tutoring you do on a regular basis, babysitting your younger sibling every day after school or volunteering at the hospital on a weekly basis. Essentially you want to be asking yourself whether or not the experience involves a situation where someone EXPECTS you to be there helping them on a regular basis - a type of role where you'd feel obligated to call them to let them know you're not coming if you couldn't make it.

Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions. Good luck on your application!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of laurabrown5 laurabrown5
thank you very much for your insight! i am completeing the pse as we speak, and i have another question. when they say "extra curriculars" does that include councils/clubs im on in my highschool? I assume I would be able to put them, just want to be sure!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Yes, those are all very good experiences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0