yconic - Trinity Class of 2015
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Trinity Class of 2015

A photo of moodeline moodeline
So who's actually going? I finally made my decision yesterday and accepted the offer. I'm SO excited! Any older students have any advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
47 replies

A photo of monkey245 monkey245
I am :) Which won't mean much since I just dug out my account to reply to this post... What do you plan on studying? Are you staying in residence? I'm in humanities, probably majoring in philosophy, minoring in religious studies / history.

Can't wait until September!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well I'm very happy you did:) Yes res, I'm in social sciences, hopefully IR and Peace and Conflict Studies. Me neither:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
I'll be at Vic next year, but I'm in social sciences as well :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Bump. Anyone else?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

So I realise no one here probably knows the answer to this, but HOPEFULLY someone who does will see this. How practical is it to have a bike in Toronto? I just got a gorgeous new bike for my birthday, I love it and use it all the time (as I did with my old one) as a way of transport around where I live... +any ideas re storage? The trinity website is not super helpful
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
Whoa, I accepted my offer today and felt so relieved! can't wait till fall, it must be very cool to walk around with a Trinity membership.....I still didn't pay my deposit yet, but I hope they'll be able to secure a spot for me. :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Will Trinity only accept you if you're already accepted into that program at U of T? Because I applied to trinity with the intent of going to Rotman, and I've yet to hear back from them. Also, where can I check if I'm accepted to trin? ;o
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented

@moodeline wrote
So I realise no one here probably knows the answer to this, but HOPEFULLY someone who does will see this. How practical is it to have a bike in Toronto? I just got a gorgeous new bike for my birthday, I love it and use it all the time (as I did with my old one) as a way of transport around where I live... +any ideas re storage? The trinity website is not super helpful

Where do you live now? I've lived in Toronto all my life and will 90% be going to U of T in the fall (just waiting to hear what the other schools say before I finally accept my offer), and I would say that having a bike in downtown Toronto is not really practical... The traffic downtown is nuts and bikers have to ride on the roads (riding on the sidewalks = huge fine). The snow usually hits the ground in November and is around until April. During that time the roads are SUPER dangerous for bikers, so if you're coming from any distance to live in residence it's really not worth it to pay storage for two months of use... Besides all of that, biking downtown can be super dangerous (so many bikers get hit in this city each year it's crazy) and the drivers don't really care for bikers on their road. If you're planning on going off campus at all, the TTC is probably your best option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@moodeline wrote

I would pay more attention to poeticallydemented's post, since he/she has lived in Toronta all his/her life, but I will tell you that I saw people biking to school year round (although there were obviously more when the weather was good). There are also bike locks all over campus, so that shouldn't be a problem. And as poeticallydemented said, you have to bike on the roads.

I wouldn't suggest locking your bike anywhere in downtown off campus, though. My friend and I were once eating at a restaurant near College and Yonge, and he locked his bike right outside (we could see it from the window). When we exited the restaurant, his bike was gone.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onlymatthew wrote
Will Trinity only accept you if you're already accepted into that program at U of T? Because I applied to trinity with the intent of going to Rotman, and I've yet to hear back from them. Also, where can I check if I'm accepted to trin? ;o

the sheep looks so adorable~I love that picture!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@poeticallydemented wrote

@moodeline wrote

Where do you live now? I've lived in Toronto all my life and will 90% be going to U of T in the fall (just waiting to hear what the other schools say before I finally accept my offer), and I would say that having a bike in downtown Toronto is not really practical... The traffic downtown is nuts and bikers have to ride on the roads (riding on the sidewalks = huge fine). The snow usually hits the ground in November and is around until April. During that time the roads are SUPER dangerous for bikers, so if you're coming from any distance to live in residence it's really not worth it to pay storage for two months of use... Besides all of that, biking downtown can be super dangerous (so many bikers get hit in this city each year it's crazy) and the drivers don't really care for bikers on their road. If you're planning on going off campus at all, the TTC is probably your best option.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I lived in North Toronto for 12 years before moving to BC, and the number of people riding bikes wasn't something I really noticed:P I just feel so bad about leaving this brand new bike that I love and rely upon sooooo much here back home, where I won't use it for eight months a year. Thanks for your advice, I'm probably going to follow it, as I would have to ship it out, then pay for storage, and I'm not super keen on biking in heavy traffic in probably the most bike friendly city in Canada....

Thanks though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is anyone planning to attend the Orientation session this Thursday, after school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fruitpunch9 wrote
Is anyone planning to attend the Orientation session this Thursday, after school?

I wish... Stupid BC, I want to be in T.O. already:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy
FYI, Trin gives the least and smallest amount of scholarships, be it entrance or in-course scholarships. A person with a high GPA in Trin would be rewarded with a lot less scholarship money than another from Vic. I wished someone had told me about it before I applied. Vic seems to hand out the most and largest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@fruitpunch9 wrote

Did you? I'm now wondering if I might have seen you there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nyx wrote

@fruitpunch9 wrote

Did you? I'm now wondering if I might have seen you there.

I didn't go to the orientation because nobody wanted to bus with me -_______-
well, I guess I can't miss the next event: frosh orientation in June
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is anyone else feeling frustrated that all of these orientations are not super out of province friendly? (like couldn't they do something like Queens and McGill and UBC do, in that they host orientations in cities around the country (and maybe the world-I don't know) as well as online interactive orientations) I've sent a bunch of emails, and looked at the website and everything has said come to the orientations. Even if I wanted to fly from BC, they're scheduled at HORRIBLE times, either during IB exams, grad or when I have mandatory job training. I'm not sure what to do anymore, because I feel like I know nothing about course scheduling/what next year will be like... Anyone want to share their experiences at the orientation with me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@moodeline wrote
I'm not sure what to do anymore, because I feel like I know nothing about course scheduling/what next year will be like... Anyone want to share their experiences at the orientation with me?

I'm from Ottawa and went to an info session here, and it wasn't indespensible by any means - the presentation itself was fairly basic, and the only really useful thing was getting a printed version of the calendar and timetable. In terms of course scheduling, your best bet is to check them out online (assuming you can't get solid copies). I had no idea what to expect either, but after some hours spent sorting through the two of them, I got a grip on everything and put together a potential timetable. I know the actual orientations are probably more in depth, but just from reading the calendar and timetable I feel confident about choosing my courses. Let me know if you have any questions where they're concerned and I might be able to help.

As for knowing what to expect next year, taking a tour of Trinity / U of T sealed the deal for me - but I know that's probably not happening since you live in B.C. Stalking the internet for information helped, but you've probably done that already. But again, the orientation/info session I went to didn't enlighten me much where my future was concerned. So yeah... again, if you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer from going on a tour, ask away :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Late reply, but I'm going!
When's the june orientation? I'm too lazy to look for it :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Acceptance letter: June 30th/July 5th/July 7th, really can't miss it this time!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fruitpunch9 wrote

Ehhh I wish they would have something for those of us who live far away to attend:/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@moodeline wrote

@fruitpunch9 wrote

Ehhh I wish they would have something for those of us who live far away to attend:/

They should do a video stream or something. We could do it next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Do any of you know when we'll be hearing about residence? It's the one thing that I'm still worried about...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@monkey245 wrote
Do any of you know when we'll be hearing about residence? It's the one thing that I'm still worried about...

They said in the middle of July, why are you worried?
Was this helpful? Yes 0