yconic - Trinity College Student Profile
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Trinity College Student Profile

A photo of petarpoparacrni petarpoparacrni
Who else is psyched for it? A 500 (succinct) word essay. Can't afford to screw up on that eh. Anyways thought I'd introduce myself. I am a grade 12 student from T-dots west end. I am applying to U of T for Political Science and put Trinity as my first choice.

So about the profile. I have one single question. Do we need to make citations of any sort? I realize the essay is still unknown to us, but this question has been itching me for a while. :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
33 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
No, you don't need citations lol. it's more of a personal opinion/reflection type dealio. you can even write a story if you want.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks kraken! So its pretty much well written and organized rant on the topic? Would you recommend me doing it in a quasi essay format (ie include a intro, conclusion and thesis). Also does it metter if I complete this weekend or can I postpone it until the winter break?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
it's pretty freestyle, do whatever you want really. and I did mine in the last week, but started fairly early... do it whenever you want, just make sure you leave yourself enough time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of devi devi
i am applying also a am studying life science at u of t i want to be a doctor
Was this helpful? Yes 0

OK so apparently Trinity will be posting this years essay subject tomorrow. I'm definitely excited.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah, I've been waiting for the profile to come up, as well. I wake up early in the mornings, so I just checked now. It's not up yet, but it prolly will be in a few hours!

I like your George Carlin quote, by the way. He was a smart guy :)

Where else have you applied other than UTSG? And why did you choose Trin?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

George Carlin is my favorite comedian/philosopher. He has much to offer.

I applied to UT:SG, York, and Ryerson for Political Science however I only take one of these three applications seriously (UT:SG ftw). I choose Trinity just for the option of minoring in International Relations and for the prestige. It's the best college at UT:SG also.

I just checked the Trinity Student Profile site and they updated it with the two questions. I'll link it here. It seems like we have to write two essays as opposed to one and both have a 500 word limit. The two questions are:

Questions

1. Describe your principal activities and interests beyond the classroom and tell us how they have contributed to your development. What role will extra-curricular activities play in your life as a Trinity College student? (500 words maximum)

2. Write a creative piece (essay or story) in reaction to the image below. (500 words maximum)

[Insert picture here]

I am disappointed to tell you the truth. I was really hoping it would be a quote or a image of something from history and not a piece of art. Number one seems to be easy though.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Threats?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
loool trin art show, I know the girl who painted that! win. never seen them put something like that before.

someday, froshlings, you too will have your art on a student profile application (maybe).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cakee cakee

@kraken wrote
loool trin art show, I know the girl who painted that! win. never seen them put something like that before.

someday, froshlings, you too will have your art on a student profile application (maybe).

I have a question, did she actually finish the painting? :P

On a side note, I am applying from outside of Ontario, but I want to do the 101 app, instead of the lame 105 app :( is there any way around that? Besides I intend on "101 app" to help me with my another app.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@kraken wrote

Seriously?! What a small world. IMO this essay is kinda difficult to initially construct a thesis and such but once you get to appreciate the minutae (as well as the general picture) I can see several arguable points.

@cherrypie725 wrote
Weehoooooooo west end represent! Aha I can't believe people have already started working on the essays. I'm loafting so hard on my trin app, I haven't even activated my UofT account yet. Seriously though, don't stress yourselves out too much. My mom is a trin fellow so she evaluates the essays and apparently most of them, even the ones who get accepted, are fairly mediocre.

lol I know I loaft hard all the time like just this part Saturday i started my nine page history final essay two days before it was due, but since getting into Trinity is harder then other colleges I am a little worried (even if I write decent essays) that I won't get accepted. So they even accept mediocre essays? I guess I have a fairly good chance of getting in then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
Haha I've been loafting on it too, mostly because I'm stuck on what to write for it :S Are they looking for some type of format, or is it REALLY just "Write whatever this picutre makes you think of"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@cm0011 wrote
Haha I've been loafting on it too, mostly because I'm stuck on what to write for it :S Are they looking for some type of format, or is it REALLY just "Write whatever this picutre makes you think of"?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of colakid123 colakid123

@Nyx wrote

@cm0011 wrote

If your marks/#1 are good, I'm not convinced that they care what you write. I wrote something embarrassingly awful last year and got in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of takavar takavar
If you get into Trinity you'll find out that there was an incredible variety of responses to each years essay. I'm not even sure what this years is just make sure you write well and have a convincing argument. Read it out to yourself and get others to read it too. Best of luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@cakee wrote
I have a question, did she actually finish the painting? :P

mmm no idea, don't know her well. just happened to notice her name haha.

and yeah, honestly really whatever it makes you think of. just be creative and express your thoughts reasonably well I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've been wondering 2 things:

When is the earliest that one might be accepted to Trinity?
and
Do you think there might be a lower chance of being accepted if you apply for residence?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
earliest? probably February.

no, applying to res has no bearing on your acceptance to the college. in fact I'm not sure if they'll even see that when they read your profile.

everyone who gets in as a first year has a guaranteed place in U of T residence; that said, if they let in too many first years at a college and there aren't even rooms there for them, they'll ship some people off to Chestnut. apparently that happened to a lot of Trin kids last year. (don't worry though! Chestnut is nice too and you can still hang out at trin if that happens to you.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chloeschmoe chloeschmoe

@colakid123 wrote

@Nyx wrote

@cm0011 wrote

If your marks/#1 are good, I'm not convinced that they care what you write. I wrote something embarrassingly awful last year and got in.

Right on. Most of the people I've talked to had an above 85 average when they graduated (okay, more like 90...but there are said to be exceptions, I just haven't met any). I also wrote an embarrassingly awful essay last year and got in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PiggyFlavoredPocky PiggyFlavoredPocky

@chloeschmoe wrote

@colakid123 wrote

@Nyx wrote

@cm0011 wrote

Right on. Most of the people I've talked to had an above 85 average when they graduated (okay, more like 90...but there are said to be exceptions, I just haven't met any). I also wrote an embarrassingly awful essay last year and got in.

well, that sucks. i wrote my essay during winter break, and edited it 3424523 times until i thought it was pretty great... i'm probably going to fall into the 87~89 average pool.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of cm0011 cm0011

@PiggyFlavoredPocky wrote

@chloeschmoe wrote

@colakid123 wrote

@Nyx wrote

@cm0011 wrote

well, that sucks. i wrote my essay during winter break, and edited it 3424523 times until i thought it was pretty great... i'm probably going to fall into the 87~89 average pool.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

OMG EXACTLY THE SAME WITH ME. Yeah I've heard people with an average over 90 have had a good chance of getting in, but what if your average is between 87-89? Do they look down upon ones that are below 90, even if it's above 85? I have a feeling my average will fall between 87-89, but it might not hit 90 :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Does anyone know how competitive it is to get into trin? I've heard from potentially unreliable sources that they accept about 400 per year, but what's their acceptance rate?

I'm not really down to put too much effort into my student profile. I have around a 97% average and I'm hoping that I can just get by on that, but if it's actually competitive then I guess I'll have to write something good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saraismail saraismail
So I heard there's an average cut off at 92? Is that true or just absolute bull?
Annnd I thought they only take in 140 a year.. thats what their online thing said.
Was this helpful? Yes 0