yconic - Type of law & lawyers
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Type of law & lawyers

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi, I am interested in becoming a lawyer for my future career.
I was wondering what are the types of law that I can study at law schools and what type of lawyers there are that I can choose to become.
Also, I am curious of which type of lawyer makes the most money..^^;;
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Friend of mine is a lawyer. Well, not yet. She's 26. Graduated law school in the USA. She's writing the BAR exam soon and is currently doing bar review.

She is $220,000 in debt and won't be hired by anybody because she did not get her education at an Ivy League school.

I'm not sure how it works in Canada for that, but that's a little window into the education/life of a potential lawyer.

As for what kinds, if you wanted to be a lawyer enough, you'd already know the answers to the questions you're asking.

I can get you started: use google.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Ha, no. I'm trying for engineering, not law. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ha, no. I'm trying for engineering, not law. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of demon00seven demon00seven
Yeah, there are lot of type of lawyers, like criminal lawyer, entertainment lawyer, DUI lawyer and so on. Whatever kind of legal case issue we have, the same kind of lawyer we have to hire, like immigration lawyer for immigration process and for drunk driving cases we have to hire DUI lawyers. Same like this, law itself has different ways to deal with different cases. :!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of demon00seven demon00seven
Yeah, there are lot of type of lawyers, like criminal lawyer, entertainment lawyer, DUI lawyer and so on. Whatever kind of legal case issue we have, the same kind of lawyer we have to hire, like immigration lawyer for immigration process and for drunk driving cases we have to hire DUI lawyers. Same like this, law itself has different ways to deal with different cases. :!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted