yconic - U of A Business Program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of A Business Program

A photo of Katraa Katraa
Hi,
I'm currently applying for business programs at universities. I found out that University of Alberta has a great business program but they don't offer direct acceptance. It turns out I have to study a year in another faculty, complete few courses and then apply for the business program. Is it worth it? Because what if I don't get in? Then I would have to wait another term/year... But Alberta has a great business program... What do you guys think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Katraa wrote
I found out that University of Alberta has a great business program

You gotta be kidding me right, U of Alberta -> great business program? lol
Think about Rotman, Waterloo, Queen's, Mcgill and others rather than U of A if you wanna get into business.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Katraa Katraa

@Joshki wrote

@Katraa wrote

Think about Rotman, Waterloo, Queen's, Mcgill and others rather than U of A if you wanna get into business.

Aren't they for engineer, math and different types of sciences?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Katraa wrote

@Joshki wrote

@Katraa wrote

Aren't they for engineer, math and different types of sciences?

Well, they're all comprehensive universities so they're all well-rounded. In terms of business, those schools are way famous than U of A.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Katraa Katraa
Ah, would you say U of Calgary would be good of business?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
U of A has a great business school. This forum is just incredibly Ontario-centric, and they really don't like to think about any schools outside of Ontario, except perhaps UBC and McGill. I went to the U of A and know a LOT of people who went to the business school (including my father) who have very successful careers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0