yconic - U of S residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of S residence

A photo of nnr nnr
I've got an interesting story, and I'm curious if anyone has some input as to whether or not the uofs residence is in the right. The first thing you have to know is that they have a mandatory meal plan for the on-campus residents, which is understandable in most cases. I consider myself to be a bit of an exception, I have over forty food allergies, which makes meal plans slightly difficult. I emailed the residence outlining this, and was told to talk to food services to see if they'd be able to accommodate my needs. They said no, and when I explained that to residence they told me "without a meal plan, you cannot stay in residence." Now, I could be wrong but doesn't it seem a bit odd that you cannot stay in residence without the meal plan, but if you have a medical reason that makes you unable to use its just tough luck, no residence for you. What do you think, is that reasonable?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of doarnyie doarnyie
No meal plans in Innis Residence, University of Toronto. you will cook the meal you like. hope that helps
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^

Lol, the poster is talking about U of S(Saskatchewan?) not U of T......

But anyhow.. that does sound a bit off.
Have you ever thought of other living options? Such as off-campus housing..
Or some universities have other housing options for upper year students that don't require a meal plan and come with a kitchen.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Where's Saskatchewan? Is that north of Sudbury or something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Where's Saskatchewan? Is that north of Sudbury or something?

LOL, I hope you're kidding....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of laveens laveens
So that means you're living in the Voyageur place then? I'm pretty sure the McEown place doesn't have meal plans. But yeah, that's not a great rule-my friend lives on rez and she just avoids the foods she can't eat. Good luck anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0