yconic - U of T - Life Sciences requirements?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T - Life Sciences requirements?

A photo of lowexpectations lowexpectations
I asked this question in the old forum but I didn't get any answers.

According to OUAC, for U of T Life Sciences, both ENG4U and MCV4U marks are required in my top six.

Right now my grade 12 marks are:
SBI4UN: 94
SCH4UN: 81
ENG4UN: 85
MCV4U: 72
MHF4U: 97
CHY4U: 91
CLN4U: 95
and last year I took:
MDM4U: 80
BAT4M: 86

I know these marks are pretty crappy but I go to a non-semestered school, which means seven full year courses (I had eight but I dropped physics for a spare), and 3 of them are AP/Enriched (both calculus and functions used to be AP too, but I dropped down to academic because my marks were pretty bad).

So basically my question is that since my Calculus mark is a 72, do I have a chance of getting into U of T Life Sciences? The average of my top six (including english and calculus) comes out to exactly 89, except I heard that a minimum of 75% is required for both the prerequisites...
And I'm pretty sure my calculus mark might drop even lower because I really don't understand what's going on in that class.

Any input is appreciated :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
I think you have a good shot. I suggest you continue to keep the calculus mark above 70, at least.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lowexpectations lowexpectations
Ha, I doubt it'll stay over 70...
Since the November report card, we've had two tests, and I got 56 and 62 respectively. :bom:
Was this helpful? Yes 0