yconic - U OF T - ROTMAN COMMERCE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U OF T - ROTMAN COMMERCE

A photo of ADedicatedBusinessStudent ADedicatedBusinessStudent
Hi, do you guys believe that I will get into Rotman Commerce? Early acceptance or no?

Grade 12 Grades:

Semester 1:

English: 93
Business Leadership: 93
Advanced Functions: 88

Semester 2:

Calculus: 90 (Projected)
International Business: 92 (Projected)
Economics: 92 (Projected)

I completed the personal statement and made a couple of minor punctuation and grammar mistakes but no spelling mistakes.

I also joined DECA and Athletic Association in my final year of high school and have a part-time job.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
I don't know why but you need a retarded high avg for early acceptance for Rotman. The onyl two people that I knew got it last year had 95, and 96. And i think they both turned it down. As for regular acceptance, its a lot lower..the lowest I knew that got in last year had 87.

With your 90+ I would say you have a very, very good chance of acceptance, almost certain.

Now remember for regular acceptances Rotman was notorious last year for their acceptances in MAY last year, and I think it was the freaking end of May too, drove some people crazy. I heard back from every other school, and then like 25 days later Rotman responds =S its a ridiculous wait but once you get accepted and you login to check i think part of the page turned green or flashed green or something was kinda cool and you almost forgive them for making you wait so long lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@Jack555 wrote
I don't know why but you need a retarded high avg for early acceptance for Rotman. The onyl two people that I knew got it last year had 95, and 96. And i think they both turned it down. As for regular acceptance, its a lot lower..the lowest I knew that got in last year had 87.

With your 90+ I would say you have a very, very good chance of acceptance, almost certain.

Now remember for regular acceptances Rotman was notorious last year for their acceptances in MAY last year, and I think it was the freaking end of May too, drove some people crazy. I heard back from every other school, and then like 25 days later Rotman responds =S its a ridiculous wait but once you get accepted and you login to check i think part of the page turned green or flashed green or something was kinda cool and you almost forgive them for making you wait so long lol

Would a round-up 95 be ok for the early admission?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I dont know. It depends on a few things, which courses went into getting that 95. Did you have english or calc yet? Where youre ECs good? If yes to both, I think you have a good chance. But.....early admissions are almost unpredictable..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@Jack555 wrote
I dont know. It depends on a few things, which courses went into getting that 95. Did you have english or calc yet? Where youre ECs good? If yes to both, I think you have a good chance. But.....early admissions are almost unpredictable..

I do have some really decent ECs, however I only put on one EC (leadership position: President of a school club) to answer the question (it was asking for the most significant EC), which I really regret afterwards for putting leadership experience instead of experience as a DECA competitor, since I will be competing in DECA Internationals this year.

Would this still be considered to be a good EC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

eh better than mine and i got in lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne

@Jack555 wrote
eh better than mine and i got in lol

How big was the difference?

BTW I attend Quebec's CEGEP and I barely qualify for Mcgill Bcomm. You think that means an automatic acceptance to rotman, since Mcgill is a lot more competitive?
My average for first semester (when ALL 7 courses are taken into consideration) was 83. That gave me a 28.4 r score, mcgill requires 28.6

I find it unfair that schools like laurier evaluate CEGEP the same way as high school students. You guys take 4 courses per semester, we take 7-8. Many if not most of our courses are university level (our calculus is way harder, but yet laurier makes no difference). In fact, we get a year taken off (i will do only three years in bba) because they know it’s not HIGH SCHOOL. Laurier only takes your best 6 courses, laurier took 12 of my courses for grade calculation. My average calculated Ontario way is 89,8% (when taken most pre-requisites into account). Laurier gave me 84% and i am disqualified for the BBA/BSC (requires 89% for the dual degree) program, unless i pulled up my average.

Thank god, Sauder and Utoronto (both uses r -score) knows the difference and thus evaluates us differently. I mean I literally meet McGill requirements but can't get into laurier BBA/BSC. What kind of BS is this!
Was this helpful? Yes 0