yconic - U of T ADVICE !!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T ADVICE !!

A photo of MariamGuled MariamGuled
Hi,
I'm from outside of Toronto and I've always wanted to go to UTSG life sciences program because it was downtown Toronto and that seemed like it would be crazy fun. Based on all the rumours I've been hearing it seems like a dry, and boring school.
Here's the thing. I love to party and have fun, but i'm also smart and enjoy school work. I know it wont be easy in that program but i'm not really worried about that because i'm willing to work very hard. I just want to know if it's hard to have a good time, and have an active social life.

Is it really just full of "socially awkward" people (as I heard it phrased in another thread).

Would I be better off at York?
I've also been accepted to Mcmaster, but I really want to stay in toronto.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of littleroom littleroom
It's not full of socially awkward people, don't worry. In fact, it turns out even some of the quiet people can be quite fun, but are just intimidated to talk that much because of the enormity of the school. You, being as open as you are, should take the first step and talk to people.

There are residence parties, so you can make friends that live on residence. And, it's Toronto, so the nightlife is obviously great.

But take heed, you will not get good grades if you party too much. I can't tell you the number of hours or days you will need to study dedicatedly, that's for you to figure out. But assume that it will take a lot of time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
How can you actually believe that it would be full of socially awkward people?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MariamGuled MariamGuled

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
How can you actually believe that it would be full of socially awkward people?

I asked the question to get the facts straight..

and thanks littleroom, that makes me excited :)!
Was this helpful? Yes 0