yconic - U of T? and general confusion because im not in ontario.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T? and general confusion because im not in ontario.

A photo of cakee cakee
kay so here is my situation... im currently grade 11 in Manitoba, and the thing is i moved from Ontario to Manitoba this year. My marks are low 90s to high 80s with the exception of chem which is like a 80 on a good day and 73 on a bad day. My question is if I keep my marks up like this will i get in to u of t life science next year?

Also because I am in Manitoba, Ive been told that taking lit focus40S + trans forms 40S is equal to grade 12 English in Ontario... this is really important cause i know that U of T basically looks at your English and your calculus mark... So would it matter if I took lit focus in summer (also in Manitoba they have the English provincials in grade 12) then I avoid doing the provincials for English again.. cause I already did them in Ontario..?

(general question: Is anyone here applied/gotten in/currently in U of T life science and they are from Winnipeg?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm not from Manitoba myself but I can tell you that if you maintain your high 80s-90s average throughout grade 12, you're pretty much guaranteed a spot in Life Sci at U of T.. St. George, I'm guessing.

I actually took summer school English last year too, and I'm also from outside of Ontario. I also took the provincial exam in the summer, and U of T seemed fine with it, so I don't think you'd have a problem with it. But if it's a requirement to take the Manitoba provincial exam in order to graduate high school there, then you would still have to take it, I would think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0