yconic - U of T (college choice)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T (college choice)

A photo of Brianrankin Brianrankin
For anyone who applied to U of T!
i have a question:
I got accepted about a week ago, to St. Mikes. The only problem is that i badly, horribly wanted to get into Vic, does anyone know if they re-evaluate marks after midterms and offer more acceptances? Or is it locked, meaning that once i'm into st mikes i have no chance of vic?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I am assuming you are stuck at St.Mike's. Contact them and ask though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heylooklisten heylooklisten
I'm in the same position as you. I sent an email to Uoft Admissions Help and this is what they sent back:

We are not able to re-consider students for admission to another
college when updated results arrive. All applicants are carefully
considered for admission to their 1st choice college(s) at the time
the admission decision is made.

So I guess it's locked and done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
You can't change colleges but there is the option of living at other colleges if you wanted to live in residence.
But it is quite a fuss to switch back and forth and what not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
How come my offer says "due to space restrictions in some of our residences, your offer of residence may not be at Trinity College"? They are so cruel to me >O(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@fruitpunch9 wrote
How come my offer says "due to space restrictions in some of our residences, your offer of residence may not be at Trinity College"? They are so cruel to me >O(

Where does it say that? Online? Letter?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
the letter
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Commando3200 Commando3200

@Brianrankin wrote
For anyone who applied to U of T!
i have a question:
I got accepted about a week ago, to St. Mikes. The only problem is that i badly, horribly wanted to get into Vic, does anyone know if they re-evaluate marks after midterms and offer more acceptances? Or is it locked, meaning that once i'm into st mikes i have no chance of vic?

I was in a similar situation (except replace Vic with Trinity :P), and I called up the colleges several times and basically you have a chance to switch with certain colleges, but you'll have to call them up to confirm.

Trin and Vic don't accept transfers for before the first year, and I asked numerous times. So, I'm stuck at St. Mike's for the first year, but will probably try and switch for second. I doubt that St. Mike's is that bad, considering the number of facilities it has listed on the viewbook.

Cheers, and good luck with your decision!
Was this helpful? Yes 0