yconic - U of T Engineering ( Eng Sci ) Admission Offers
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Engineering ( Eng Sci ) Admission Offers

A photo of redadeco redadeco
Hey guys,

I created thid topic to share your infos about uoft engineering offers. Personally I got admission from UBC and McGil but I'm still waiting from Uoft.
Did Anyone got some news ( especiallly eng sci ) ?

THANKS

Uoft Eng Sci ---- Waiting

UBC Eng 1st year ---- Admitted

McGil ENG 1st year ---- Admitted
Was this helpful? Yes 0
39 replies

A photo of APx APx
i applied to eng sci last year and it was the last offer i got, close to the deadline
if you have any interest in eng sci, wait till the end to accept anything because it might take some time
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
I already got my Engineering Science offer on Feb 15, but my avg was 96.3 first semester
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@Jagseer wrote
I already got my Engineering Science offer on Feb 15, but my avg was 96.3 first semester

Just curious when did you submit your SPF and did UT email you to notify you or did you check on the UT website?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stanley Stanley
Don't worry my first semester avg is 98.3 and I'm still waiting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Kooh wrote

@Jagseer wrote

Just curious when did you submit your SPF and did UT email you to notify you or did you check on the UT website?

I submitted my spf in late january, before the recommended deadline of jan 30, and they didnt send me any email, i just checked on ouac and got the package a couple days later
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Okey cool guys I submitted the SPF on January 13th and I'm currently still waiting, last week an admission manager called me home and he asked me some questions related to extra curricular activities, it was OK and he told me that a decision will be made VERY SOON.

Hopefully during this week!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@redadeco wrote
Okey cool guys I submitted the SPF on January 13th and I'm currently still waiting, last week an admission manager called me home and he asked me some questions related to extra curricular activities, it was OK and he told me that a decision will be made VERY SOON.

I got a call from a current student studying EngSci asking if I had any general questions about the program. Maybe this is confirmation that I have got accepted into the program.
Did anyone else get a phone call like this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Kooh wrote

@redadeco wrote

I got a call from a current student studying EngSci asking if I had any general questions about the program. Maybe this is confirmation that I have got accepted into the program.

I got the same call from a current student about if i had questions, but i think they called everyone cause i had already been accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@Jagseer wrote

@Kooh wrote

@Jagseer wrote

I submitted my spf in late january, before the recommended deadline of jan 30, and they didnt send me any email, i just checked on ouac and got the package a couple days later

I submitted my SPF the day before the final deadline, (Feb 17). No clue there was a recommended deadline. How did you find out about it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A friend of mine has told me that he has just received an admission offer, he's from France and has an average of 80% ( French school system is so tough ).

Still WAITIIIING !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Kooh wrote

@Jagseer wrote

@Kooh wrote

@Jagseer wrote

I submitted my SPF the day before the final deadline, (Feb 17). No clue there was a recommended deadline. How did you find out about it?

They sent me an email
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens
To conclude, those received early admission :

1) with 1st term average of above 95, but some with 98 is still waiting
2) received calls from a current UT Eng Sci student or manager
3) checked status on OUAC or received an admission email
4) admission package arrived a couple days later

Where in OUAC did you check your status ? I couldn't find any related to status check. The only one that I am known of is the application portal from UotT's Applied Science and Eng Department.

My status is still 'pending decision - waiting for offical documents', but they received my high school transcript in my package 1, and an UTORid is issued to me at the same day. I wonder why they issue an Utorid to an un-admitted applicant. What is the use of Utorid in my application cycle? I have been given an UT application number to sign on to the application portal to check status.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kooh Kooh

@queens wrote

Where in OUAC did you check your status ? I couldn't find any related to status check. The only one that I am known of is the application portal from UotT's Applied Science and Eng Department.

My status is still 'pending decision - waiting for offical documents', but they received my high school transcript in my package 1, and an UTORid is issued to me at the same day. I wonder why they issue an Utorid to an un-admitted applicant. What is the use of Utorid in my application cycle? I have been given an UT application number to sign on to the application portal to check status.

Type in UofT application status in google to find where you check your app status. On the first link you can use your UTORid to get in and it should take you to a page where you can check your admission status
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KJ9234 KJ9234
I got an offer from U of T Eng Sci in mid Feb... I submitted my supplementary early, and had a good average. I also received a call from a first year Eng Sci student. I realized that I had been accepted when I checked OUAC, and then was mailed a package.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens

@Kooh wrote

@queens wrote

Type in UofT application status in google to find where you check your app status. On the first link you can use your UTORid to get in and it should take you to a page where you can check your admission status

The info I got from this :

Required Documents
To check the status of your application go to The Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
All documents are maintained by the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering and will not be updated in the chart below.

That is why I ask why Applied Science and Eng issue me an UTORID of no use?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of naeem92 naeem92
First wave is February, Second wave is around March Break, Third wave is late April, and after that acceptances are sent out fairly sporadically.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Naeem92,

Who told you that? As far as I know they send out admission offers on an ongoing basis, otherwise are you SURE that none of us will have received by March break?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens

@Jagseer wrote

@Kooh wrote

@redadeco wrote

I got the same call from a current student about if i had questions, but i think they called everyone cause i had already been accepted

Could you tell us more specific about the questions your are being asked from the call of an UT student? What questions did the UT current student asked ? when was it before your acceptance ? And the MOST important - Where did you check on OUAC your admitted status?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens

@queens wrote

@Jagseer wrote

@Kooh wrote

@redadeco wrote

Could you tell us more specific about the questions your are being asked from the call of an UT student? What questions did the UT current student asked ? when was it before your acceptance ? And the MOST important - Where did you check on OUAC your admitted status?

oh, one more question, which ID you used to sign onto OUAC to check this application status?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of donrgt donrgt

@redadeco wrote
Naeem92,

Who told you that? As far as I know they send out admission offers on an ongoing basis, otherwise are you SURE that none of us will have received by March break?

I received my offer from engsci after march break so just wait a little bit longer...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh! So I still have to wait another 2 weeks !! So stressed out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mig Mig
How important are grade 11 marks specifically for engsci. I ask because well... my grade 11 average is very low (~84) but my gade 12 average is currently ~91 with my prereq courses. Do you think my grade 11 marks will seriously defect my chances :S. Additionaly would a good spf change the situation significantly?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mig Mig

@donrgt wrote

@redadeco wrote
Naeem92,

I received my offer from engsci after march break so just wait a little bit longer...

About how high was your prereq average if you dont mind me asking :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens
There it goes, I got in UofT Engsci. Just found out this morning.
Was this helpful? Yes 0