yconic - U of T engineering alternate offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T engineering alternate offer

A photo of groovy3000 groovy3000
I applied to U of T engineering with my first choice being Industrial engineering and with a 92% average. Last week i got an alternate offer for U of T mineral engineering. Does this mean that my application for Industrial engineering has been denied?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Unfortunately it does. :/
I haven't heard anything from them about my application for Industrial Engineering yet.. but I'm surprised you didn't get accepted with that high of an average! Is your school considered one of those "easy" schools to get high marks? O_o.. I have a 90% average, so you made me a bit nervous :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

are you sure about this? I read that they usually send out admissions in early April, so is it possible that this was an early alternate offer and they will send and offer to Industrial engineering sometime soon?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
I thought UoT categorically denies adjusting high school marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of APx APx
you still have a chance, i wouldnt be too worried
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
did u repeat any courses? Also note that uoft only looks at fiv prereqs when determining avg....im kinda surprised given your avg ive been accepted to indy and my avg was 87 first sem...wait until mid may (they usually send out second round early may) and then phone them because with ur avg i dont see why you wouldnt get accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterbrap peterbrap
wow i must have been lucky last year. i remember i had around 81.3 and got accepted to industrial eng. but i rejected and went into management eng. srry bud didn't realized they would jack up the average that high :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterbrap peterbrap

@peterbrap wrote
wow i must have been lucky last year. i remember i had around 81.3 and got accepted to industrial eng. but i rejected and went into management eng. srry bud didn't realized they would jack up the average that high :/

iuuno depends if your highschool was those easy ones. my hs was a killer soo waterloo / uoft understood.Generally speaking are u goin to take MINERAL ENG ?? I DON'T think tat would be wise idea. pluzzz i rejected industrial cuz i don't more it and soft eng courses.Management has more it and programming. therefore i accepeted managment and wrappin up first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i didn't repeat any courses and my average is still high even just with the 5 pre-requisites:

Calaculus and Vectors 100
Physics 91
Chemistry 87
Advanced Functions 96
English 82

Was this helpful? Yes 0